russ skinner
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Has anyone compared side by side the ANC performance of the QC 35s and the 700s? A slight difference would be understandable - product evolution - and maybe a reason to upgrade. A big difference however would suggest something sinister is going on.

tkg
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

I just wanted to give an update.
Both Twitter support and Polish Bose support were super nice and got me a new pair even though technically they were not obligated to (they could say headphones are fine and since I bought them as a 1-person company I couldn't return them as easily as customers in EU can). So big, big, big kudos for that. I even complained on Twitter about the courier they chose and it seems like they had seen it because they used one that I had recommended in that Twitter rant. 😄

They replaced it with a new pair the very minute it reached Belgium. New pair has 4.1.x preinstalled and while it's not the level of ANC I had hoped for, it's definitively better. I'm afraid of upgrading, so I guess I'll just stay at this version. The app shouldn't update it by itself, right? Or is it better to remove it?

Irvin
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I had just upgrade to latest firmware since spring, and this is the biggest fault I had ever made that haven’t check here first. The high ANC is much obviously reduce, now the high and mid is pretty

similar, just like 10% difference, and previous it was like 80% difference.

I got the headphone last fall from Japan. I live in Taiwan.

HendrikV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

This thing is certainly world-wide..

It seems like a software fault not hardware, why change entire head sets.

The firmware activated it and must be the calibration of the microphone.

Unless the Bose ANC algo license has expired;)

Why don't they integrate the same ANC control as the 700 series in the software of QC35's?

Now that is what I call a decent update..

Humpy76
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

@tkg wrote:

They replaced it with a new pair the very minute it reached Belgium. New pair has 4.1.x preinstalled and while it's not the level of ANC I had hoped for, it's definitively better. I'm afraid of upgrading, so I guess I'll just stay at this version. The app shouldn't update it by itself, right? Or is it better to remove it?

Just wanted to update on my experience.  2nd pair have arrived today after previous replacement pair were upgraded to 4.5.2 automatically when connected to the app.  So they went back! I now have a performing pair of qc35ii running 4.1.x and ANC is back to where it should be... I have now removed the app from my phone and will not upgrade until this issue has been fixed in what we all hope will be sooner rather than later.

Arnaud S
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

BOSE QC35 ii Firmware 4.5.2 lowered the noise reduction

Bonjour,

I also specially create an account to post that the 4.5.2 firmware update has totally annihilated the ANC on QC35 II too.
I'm really really upset against BOSE, first headphone of this quality with such a big price, and just 3 months of satisfaction.
I was really hoping to be able to download the older version firmware, but even after all the complains it's still not possible.

So like all the other clients upset by this firmware:
Please fix this issue or give us a way to roll back the firmware on our devices!

Arnaud

fhillyer@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii (Process that worked for me)

I recently bought the NC 700 and I was impressed with the ANC levels, however, I am a long QC 35 I customer, I was not impressed with the touch functions, I'll prefer a button for volume up/down/pause. I disliked the swipe/gesture features, so I downgraded the NC 700 to QC 35 II.

Also, the process to set up the NC 700 was obtuse and not intuitive as the QC 35 I, first it required a new app, second the NC 700 is so new that there is no calibration profile for my recording studio.

The integration very buggy in, no small form factor (collapsible), I just didn't see myself with them.

I got the new QC 35 II pair (June 2019 manufacturing) and came to the community as the first source of information, I read almost all the 143 replies to this message, went to twitter and all the webpages stating to stay on version 4.3.6. But one thing kept me bugging, ANC Low and High were the same, Off to Low, offered the same action as Off to High. I asked four of my work colleagues in a blind test to tell the ANC level.

Today I decided to risk it all and live on the edge, I must say that Ferdi's process made it all good for me.

I first did the "Reset/Reboot" process.

Then I went to btu.bose....

Entered the Advanced option and selected 4.5.2

I upgraded the firmware

I "Reset/Reboot" process again

I tested and seemed to work

I performed the blind test with coworkers again, this time they were able to tell from all three levels.

Logged back here and posted this comment.

Thank you Ferdi

cristianpuscas
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

QC II

I updated my QC II with the new firmware 4.5.2 and the noice canceling is lower than it was...

chrisstryj
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

I had this headset since around end of 2017. When I first bought it, I felt pressure on both ears the moment I turned the device on. I think the firmware version was around 2.x . It literally cancelled out anything around me that didn't make sounds right next to me. I upgraded casually whenever I decided to launch the android bose app, eventually getting to the 4.5.2 firmware. Going back to 3.1.8 using the advanced mode makes is slightly less crappy, but it's nowhere near the pressure and noise cancellation I felt at the start. It's not placebo - Bose has messed this product up, and I'm certainly never going to invest in another one from them again. I buy tech for fun because I can afford it. I had products that got broken by a firmware upgrade but I never had the company blatantly rejecting any responsibility despite 100+ pages of forum posts reporting the issue. Admit you screwed up - do a recall and everyone will still trust you. I hope anyone looking for Bose products in the future comes across this post. 

caffeine
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Can someone please post the link to Ferdi's solution? Thank you!