Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii (Process that worked for me)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

This post got deleted... 

chrisstryj (Silent Starter) posted a new reply in Around & On-Ear Headphones on 09-17-2019 05:32 PM :

I had this headset sinc around end of 2017. When I first bought it, I felt pressure on both ears the moment I turned the device on. I think the firmware version was around 2.x . It literally cancelled out anything around me that didn't make sounds right next to me. I upgraded casually whenever I decided to launch the android bose app, eventually getting to the 4.5.2 firmware. Going back to 3.1.8 using the advanced mode makes is slightly less crappy, but it's nowhere near the pressure and noise cancellation I felt at the start. It's not placebo - Bose has messed this product up, and I'm certainly never going to invest in another one from them again. I buy tech for fun because I can afford it. I had products that got broken by a firmware upgrade but I never had the company blatantly rejecting any responsibility despite 100+ pages of forum posts reporting the issue. Admit you screwed up - do a recall and everyone will still trust you. I hope anyone looking for Bose products in the future comes across this post. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Ok so i had tried this solution of resetting and updating in advanced mode via btu and resetting. Here are my observations.

the High low thing was resolved as there was a remarkable difference in High vs Low ANC but the high itself was deteriorated by 50% and i tried the fresh 3.1.8 out of the box vs updated 4.5.2. Even the downgrade to 3.1.8 at service centre didnt help so the point lot of us are sharing that they got bricked while upgrading and now downgrade also cannot help. 

Luckily they were in warranty for me and the service was kind enough to replace mine with a new one. Needless to say I removed the app immediately so that accidental upgrade doesn’t happen

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I created the account just to comment about this, looks I'm not alone with the ANC issue, with this update now the QC 35 II works as a pair of cheap 50$ Headphones, I noticed that after the update all the people with I usually talk daily asked me if I changed my headset, because they hear a LOT of noise from the environment of my office and didn't listen to me very well on calls like was just before the 4.5.2 update, and the 700 are just so uncomfortable, Please release an official downgrade to revert all the changes before this update, because so far anything is working as it should be.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

QC 35 II warranty details

Hi Team,

I purchased new BOSE QC 35 II headphones in Australia. It's working fine till I'm there . After coming back to india it's updated to  Firmware 4.5.2. I'm able to hear outside sounds after selecting high ANC as well.

Am I eligible to cover warranty in India. The headphones still in warranty period(purchased just 3 months back)

Regards,

Rajasekhar

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Re: QC 35 II warranty details

Can anyone re-post how to downgrade to 3.1.8 please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Absolutely. All bose products are covered under 1 year international warranty in india. I have got my soundsport wireless change in warranty and they were bought from amazon US. Only glitch is u should have the invoice to prove warranty by date. If invoice is not there, the warranty date starts from the day Bose sold the product to the guys in Australia where you bought it from, else from the date of invoice.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 29, 2019

@robson_de It's not allowed to be posted on the Bose forums.  You can find it on reddit.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

After I bought these lovely headphones 2 months ago they were perfect , I mostly use them on flights, and when I put them on I always had this airpressure feeling, but after a while I had an issue with ANC it get weak and contact support , they suggest me to update software, which I told them that there are thousands of complain about new software,and they told me that they knew that people hesitate but I shouldnt , upgrade can solve most of the problem. and naively I did update my headphones and now it is all gone , before I had this weak air pressure feeling and now not any more, i can hear people talking far away, when listening to a music if there is a low sound in the music, you can immediately hear people talking around you, Im returning them hopefully they will exchange them. Such a shame that Bose insisting on they are doing their test and there is no change, to be honest you must have a hearing problem if you dont hear the difference. can you also explain why there is no more air pressure feeling, all these people are complaining about the same thing.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

ANC is not the only problem. Another terrible one is that battery continue to drain even when it's off. 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/QuietComfort-35-II-Battery-Drains-quickly-whe...

The battery issue has lasted for > 1 year.  So many users complaint on so many different problems but BOSE just did nothing. Even a simple option to downgrade to previous firmwares are not supported! What are you afraid of, BOSE? It is indeed not a company that can be trusted. Glad to enjoy the 7-day-exchange-policy in Australia and have exchanged for SONY WH-1000XM3. I have to say qc35ii is more comfortable and has a better sound quality. But its quality control and firmware issues are intolerable.

BOSE, BEHAVE FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!