Highlighted
Heijmenberg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I got a new pair of headphones today with firmware version 4.3.6. Manufactured 25th of july 2019.

The noise cancelling is not like it used to be. I am going to use the headphone for a couple of weeks to see if the microphones calibrate. If not I am going to call Bose again.

btw I found a option to use the setup in the app without updating.

1. Connect your headphones to your phone.

2. Download the Bose Connect app. (dont start the app)

3. Go to the settings of your phone and disable the wifi and cellular(4G) data.

4. Open the Bose app and setup the headphones.

5. Remove the app and enable your wifi an cellular(4G) again.

Highlighted
Heijmenberg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I found a Reddit tutorial on how to downgrade the headphones to 3.1.8. I downgraded my QC35 II and the ANC is now working like it should.

Highlighted
Heijmenberg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I downgraded further to version 2.5.1. This is the best version I think. Almost every noise is blocked out now.

Highlighted
olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Cool! Where did you find 251? What is the main difference in behavior except better ANC? How does the low ANC behave fe? Do you hear white noise when ANC enabled but no music playing? Tnx!

Highlighted
Heijmenberg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I found it on this Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/cw47fx/githubcombosefirmware/
Follow the steps and you get the older firmwares.

Highlighted
sc101
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Worked for me. ANC is working perfectly again with 2.5.1. 

Even the difference between high and low is noticable. 

Shame on you Bose!!!

Highlighted
olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Can the people running on 2.5.1 let us know about the quality of the Bluetooth conmection, with single and dual pairing?

also interested in if there is any audible white noise with anc high enabled and no audio Playing?

last: does the anc low mode block out wind noises when biking or running?

tnx! Olaf 

Highlighted
Heijmenberg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Hi Olaf,

So far I dont have any problems with Bluetooth with my iPhone and laptop (Windows 10) connected at the same time. The connection is stable and the sound quality is good.

There is no white noise when the ANC high enabled. It is deadsilent when no music is playing 🙂

When I am sitting in the garden while it is a little windy I hear the wind with anc on high. When I switch to low mode the wind noise is gone.

If I was you I would try the downgrade to 2.5.1 You can always go back to newer versions!

btw are you the famous Olaf Mol from Ziggo sport Formula1? haha 😄

Jaap Heijmenberg

solis.invicti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

@Heijmenberg

Thank you for the reddit.com step-by-step downgrading instructions and it works fine with my QC35 ii. The "cabin pressure" is back as it should be. 

Furthermore, I went a step further to downgrade to firmware 2.0.1 -- the earliest version available. Now I'm using the downgraded device with iOS 13.1 Beta/macOS 10.15 Catalina Beta and there is no bug at all. The Bluetooth connection is stable and ANC white noise is much lower. 

This version even works better than the first version when I bought it. I can report that the version 2.0.1 is working properly with all my devices and is still a usable version in 2019 if you like the original ANC and don't need the new functions introduced later. 

Highlighted
solis.invicti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Hi @olafmol,

I followed @Heijmenberg's post and my ANC is restored (device s/n ********AE). I didn't downgrade to firmware 2.5.1 but the earliest version 2.0.1. The Bluetooth connection is stable and it works fine with my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Also, I tested the automatic switch-off function, it works fine as well. Hope this information can be helpful. 

@olafmol wrote:

Can the people running on 2.5.1 let us know about the quality of the Bluetooth conmection, with single and dual pairing?

also interested in if there is any audible white noise with anc high enabled and no audio Playing?

last: does the anc low mode block out wind noises when biking or running?

tnx! Olaf