Muzic_Adore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

As long as you dont allow Bluetooth connection to Bose Connect app, then the latest firmware will not even pop up. However, you still be able to connect ur QC35ii to your device via Bluetooth and listen as normal. Im using iPhone and went to settings under Bose Connect, I disable Bluetooth connection. So the is still on ur device but load nothing, not even serial number or any settings. Hope it helps

kalith
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

my replacement arrived, brand new in sealed box and all accessories included.  build date is july 2019, serial ends in AZ, firmware 4.3.6.  i checked by disabling wifi and mobile data and connected to bose app via bluetooth.

testing the ANC and comparing low and high there is definitely a stronger cabin pressure on high and the ducted heater noise reduced by probably 20%. so its definitely better than the pair i sent back as there was no difference between low and high.

i gotta at least praise the warranty replacement from Bose, it was hassle free with brand new pair and new warranty.  happy again with my purchase, just wont update firmware 😛

Vinnie205
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

The question is would the new one break as well if updated...

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Yes it will. Don’t update

muzel0815
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

I recived my QC35II in July 19 (Model AZ frome March 19) an updatet after unboxing to 4.5.2. I read many post about problems with ANC after latest firmware update. So i tried downgrading. All firmware version nearly the same ANC performance for me.

So is decided to purchase an new pair. This arrived at last saturday (Model AZ from June 19). Out of the box the headphones came with 4.3.6.

I compared both an can't tell a difference. Also i downgraded the new one to 2.5.1. Same ANC performance. At least i updatet the new one to 4.5.2 and ANC seems the same.

I think the problems with the firmware only concerns a few models. Possibly only a special build?

t.rommel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Also just received my replacement pair. Built July 2019, AZ version. Came with firmware 4.3.6. Will revert in two weeks.

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Hey guys - I have been offline for a few weeks doing actual work 🙂 and not had a chance to check any of the forums.  I am glad to read that those who have downgraded to the original firmware 2.0.1 which is dated 7/17 - have found an acceptable solution.

As I have mentioned over the months, my experience vis a vis Bose is that Bose groups changes/updates together when it makes firmware updates.  There have been two firmware updates so far in 2019 - 4.3.6 on 3/6/19 and 4.5.2 on 6/18/19.  We are not guaranteed an update on a 'regular' basis and so we are now at 3 1/2 months since the last update.  I am still personally hopeful that we will have at least one more update by the end of the year.  Though, there is no guarantee that the ANC issue will be addressed in the next update.

What I am still wondering about is:

1. Bose has not posted any status here in quite a while - since September 2.

2. We still don't know if the ANC situation is soley impacted by the firmware or the Bose Connect app or the update process itself.

3. We must assume that Bose support and engineering people are reading this thread and seeing all the users who have gone back to 2.0.1 and have claimed ANC works fine.  So my 'hope' is that they find a way of seeing what has changed between 2.0.1 and 4.5.2 that impacts ANC, and modifying the code to reflect a fix.  If the issue is specific only to firmware modification, then this should allow them to continue past 4.5.2 with the fix that restores ANC based on 2.0.1.  Hope that makes sense.

solis.invicti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Welcome back, buddy!

I'm one of those who read your post and downgraded to firmware 2.0.1. It has been working fine with me for a few weeks, just with one bug that the prompt signal volume can be too loud very occasionally (mentioned and fixed in the official firmware 2.2.1 changelog). But I will stay in 2.0.1 as everything is good and the bug is rare to be noticed. 

I agree with your suggestion that Bose technical people should review the changed firmware codes and issue another firmware update before the end of this year. It has been three and a half months since the last ``update'' and customers are waiting for it. 

@joelirwin wrote:

Hey guys - I have been offline for a few weeks doing actual work 🙂 and not had a chance to check any of the forums.  I am glad to read that those who have downgraded to the original firmware 2.0.1 which is dated 7/17 - have found an acceptable solution.

As I have mentioned over the months, my experience vis a vis Bose is that Bose groups changes/updates together when it makes firmware updates.  There have been two firmware updates so far in 2019 - 4.3.6 on 3/6/19 and 4.5.2 on 6/18/19.  We are not guaranteed an update on a 'regular' basis and so we are now at 3 1/2 months since the last update.  I am still personally hopeful that we will have at least one more update by the end of the year.  Though, there is no guarantee that the ANC issue will be addressed in the next update.

What I am still wondering about is:

1. Bose has not posted any status here in quite a while (I have not looked back at this post but I am thinking it has been over a month).

2. We still don't know if the ANC situation is soley impacted by the firmware or the Bose Connect app or the update process itself.

3. We must assume that Bose support and engineering people are reading this thread and seeing all the users who have gone back to 2.0.1 and have claimed ANC works fine.  So my 'hope' is that they find a way of seeing what has changed between 2.0.1 and 4.5.2 that impacts ANC, and modifying the code to reflect a fix.  If the issue is specific only to firmware modification, then this should allow them to continue past 4.5.2 with the fix that restores ANC based on 2.0.1.  Hope that makes sense.

Highlighted
t.rommel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Can I also roll back my firmware, since it is an AZ series model? If yes, to which version is the 'max'?

Furthermore, I once read that the ANC improves during a certain time period (+- two weeks) with ANC on high and that the mics would do some algorithm magic or something. Is this true?

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Attention, there are some users that bricked their QC35II while downgrading to 2.0.1 .

My "update history" is the following

- Original 3.1.8FW

- 4.5.2 update (several resets)

- 3.1.8 downgrade (diff between High and Low, but poor ANC and white noise still present)

- Several resets

- Reset, 4.5.2, Reset

- 3.1.8 Reset (still poor ANC)
- Reset

- Reset

ANC is working a little bit better than on 3.1.8/4.5.2 but ain't as good as before.

I want to try the 2.0.1 but since I use them all day at work 5 days a week I can not afford to downgrade and brick them...