Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinnie205
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

So, wired firmware updates to 4.5.2 has never killed ANC yet from anyone here?

If 4.5.2 works fine, how does the anc compare with earlier 4.x and 3.x?

t.rommel
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

I am still afraid to update from 4.3.6 (AZ series) to 4.5.2, despite the "positive" stories of the wired upgrade.

ikozz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@t.rommel wrote:

I am still afraid to update from 4.3.6 (AZ series) to 4.5.2, despite the "positive" stories of the wired upgrade.

There is no need to update what works properly.

ANC on my new pair with firmware 4.1.3 work pretty awesome. Delete Bose Connect app from your smartphone and enjoy )))))) Forget about upgrades )

ikozz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@Drew2015 wrote:

Did you wire update your Bose QC 35ii? If so, did it work? I had to exchange mine recently. I want to get the full use of these headphones. I'm afraid to install the app on my phone. I'm not sure if it'll update my firmware automatically and corrupt my ANC. Can you tell me step by step how to wire update my headphones if you did yours. Please get back to me asap.  You can email me if you need to 2015gonzales@gmail.com

Keep calm and don't install Bose Connect app 😉 The installation makes no practical sense

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Vinnie205 

>So, wired firmware updates to 4.5.2 has never killed ANC yet from anyone here?

I don't think imho the type of upgrade connection makes a difference.  I used Bose Connect to upgrade, for example and have NOT had an issue (i.e., I can clearly hear the difference between HIGH and LOW) on 4.5.2.

The reason this is taking so long (and why we can't ourselves get a handle on it) is because there is no obvious pattern or least common denominator.... yet.....

Jesper
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Yes wired update killed the ANC on my pair of headphones. See message 1476 in this thread.

Tymiano
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Don't try 2.01. I bricked mine thinking the same. It was so painful to start using old, old headphones and regretted it big time.

Luckily, Bose replaced them under warranty. Just got them last week, now will stick to whatever firmware they are on until they confirm its safe to update Without braking ANC

t.rommel
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

@ikozz wrote:

There is no need to update what works properly.

ANC on my new pair with firmware 4.1.3 work pretty awesome. Delete Bose Connect app from your smartphone and enjoy )))))) Forget about upgrades )

Then I might install the 4.1.3, so a roll back from 4.3.6.

Since to me it looks like 4.1.3 is the best version and the 'minimum' version for the AZ series.

Semicoln
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

What is wrong with your 4.3.6?

t.rommel
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

My previous pair had 4.1.3 before upgrading to 4.5.2, and this 4.1.3 had a very good high anc level.

The replacement pair i got, with 4.3.6 is noticeable less than the previous headphones with 4.1.3. That's why I want to give it a try to install 4.1.3 on my new pair, however, not sure whether this is possible without bricking. Can anyone confirm this?