Tymiano
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I bite a bullet and updated (wired) to 4.5.2 (warranty replacement came with 4.3.6). All I can say is, its just as bad/good as it was before. 4.5.2 update definitely didn't break it more on my pair. My first pair came with 2.0.1 which was spot on. On that firmware I couldn't hear any outside sound - with music off, just moving lips of a person in front of me. Pretty awesome. So now its way worse to what it was on my first pair BUT - for me - its still usable.

olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@Tymiano wrote:

I bite a bullet and updated (wired) to 4.5.2 (warranty replacement came with 4.3.6). All I can say is, its just as bad/good as it was before. 4.5.2 update definitely didn't break it more on my pair. My first pair came with 2.0.1 which was spot on. On that firmware I couldn't hear any outside sound - with music off, just moving lips of a person in front of me. Pretty awesome. So now its way worse to what it was on my first pair BUT - for me - its still usable.

I don't think ANC was ever able to block out people talking in front of you, it needs repeating "noise patterns" to filter on. Case in point this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTGfo1lSdM&list=LL-Pipv2jQfGZxr_EkpzX0fw&index=3&t=0s) where pre-2.0.1 firmwares are compared, to me these are at the same ANC quality level as I have with my factory-installed 4.1.3 or my colleague has with his new pair with 4.5.2 factory installed. 

Die Foren kochen über! Angeblich sollen die Bose QuietComfort 35 (http://amzn.to/2jFYstz) Kopfhörer durch die Firmware-Updates 1.2.9 und 1.2.10 an ANC-Leistung einbüßen. Bose schreibt im eigenen Supportforum, dass man das Problem nicht rekonstruieren könne - dennoch haben hunderte Nutzer das ...
Semicoln
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

”as I have with my factory-installed 4.1.3 or my colleague has with his new pair with 4.5.2 factory installed. “

@olafmol 

you are saying his shipped with 4.5.2? When and where did he get them? I’m waiting on a pair direct from Bose due Thursday. 

Johnjr1959
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

QC35II purchased in Sep 2018 has degraded ANC after upgrading to firmware 4.5.2. I use to use headsets as NC when studying and people and noise was removed, enough that parents had to tap my shoulder to get my attention. Headsets now have white noise and I no longer have complete quiet while studying. I can hear conversations while trying to study. Had the headsets operated in this fashion  when we tested at the store they would not have been our product of choice. I read your post about the sleep earbuds and your offer to refund cost as you could not determine a fix. Reading the blog entries I see that all they are asking for is to be able to reinstall 3.1.8 or earlier, what’s so difficult about this request that it is still an issue. Even if the engineers have not found an anomaly with the update I think it would be good business to allow the owners of the headsets to be able to revert to a firmware that worked, unless 4.5.2 degraded something in the ANC circuit.  Either way this is a good option versus offering a buyback. Balls in your court, please help us restore the capability and confidence in Bose.

percy05
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 3.20.15 PM.pngWrote this email to Bose Support, waiting for their reply with this below

To clarify the QC35 has more of a "reboot" than a "reset". To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.
Highlighted
Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

So, I bought another set from Bose store directly (30 days trial and full refund if unhappy) :

AZ series, stock 3.1.6, Clearly a difference between high and low ANC, but not as good as my old pair before the update.

So what I did :

Flashed EVERYTHING from 2.0.1 until 4.3.6.

I did NOT try them for a few days, just changed FW, Resetet them twice and listened to outside and white noise, then changed FW

- Each and every version had some white noise in it

- Each version had a clear difference between High and Low ANC

- None of the version reestablished cabin pressure

(ATTENTION WHILE FLASHING 2.0.1, THIS MIGHT BRICK YOUR QC AND MAKE THEM USELESS)

I updated to 4.5.2 and there was NO difference between High and Low.

Clearly the older models have something (hard- or software?) that the newer ones do not have...

If anyone is able to reestablish cabin pressure with an AZ model feel free to contact me, would be glad to get it back to gain again full access to it's capabilities...

So, as for the pair I just bought, they went right back where they belong, into Boses trash department...

Tymiano
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

This is a reply to olafmol. Sorry don't know how to quote someone post.

My old pair was that good that I could not hear someone standing in front of me. I could see mouth moving though. Perhaps earpuds have had its share but it was that good. You are free not to believe it but I know what it was and the person who tried that with me at that time would say the same. It was exceptional, it was cutting out ALL background sounds.

After update it deteriorated and this is why I started looking for information about this problem. If it was as on the beginning, I wouldn't even be here...

Drew2015
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

It is clear Bose doesn't have plans to address the problem. 

I took the next step. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They have a current open case concerning this issue. They are still collecting data on this complaint.  What you all need to do is go online or call them. File your complaint against Bose. Fill out your complaint form. We the little people need to fight back. Force them in giving us our money back or fix the problem they caused intentionally with their update to purchase the newer release of devices.

Serj
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Can you please provide a link? I'll be more than happy to share my story too.

Drew2015
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019