Highlighted
glacierrr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Is there any chance to replace device or send it to you from Russia? Service desk doesn't acknowledge this case as reason for replacement. 

Highlighted
Drew2015
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Something is not right about that. I contacted Bose thru their Facebook page in a message. I told them about the noise cancelation problem. They ask me a few questions and copy of my receipt. Emailed me a return label on the same day. Eight days later I got my replacement headphones version 2.3.5  I think. Which still has the problem, but not as bad. If you get a pair that was manufactured seven or eight months back. Those still have the old update. That works well. Just don't update the firmware. 

Contact Bose thru Facebook messager. 

Highlighted
rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Guys,

Those of you that can get your money back. Like I did. Then wait for something better to be released either by Bose or Sony or someone else. I really really doubt Bose is spending time on a device soon to be discontinued.

It's been months.

Highlighted
STWBRUINS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately this update has effected many pairs of headphones including my own and almost rendering them useless. I dont understand what was so hard to understand just dont change the ANC and they did just because the 700s weren't selling well and they want more sales so they think by lowering the quality of the products that many of us have paid full retail value (that being $349.99). 

[Edited by a moderator]   

Highlighted
ikozz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@glacierrr wrote:

Is there any chance to replace device or send it to you from Russia? Service desk doesn't acknowledge this case as reason for replacement. 

Bricked them, than visit Bose service 😉

Highlighted
sutherlandsd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Just made an account... I accidentally updated the firmware on my qc35ii and now realize my ANC is non-existent. 

If the engineers can't audibly tell the difference then I would fire the lot of them it's blatantly obvious.

Fix the firmware or just revert everyone's back

Highlighted
sutherlandsd
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Oh wow thats awesome Bose fixed the updater so now you cant even use the Reddit fix...

Was the sales of the 700 really that terrible that you crippled the QC35 to make them look better?

There are over 1k replies on this thread and one of the first things you get when you search these headphones is the firmware fiasco.  The problem isnt going to go away and the damage you are doing to your customer base is not good. 

Pair this with the sleepbuds and you guys are having a stellar year.

Just revert everyone back to a fully functioning firmware and stop being so greedy.

Highlighted
rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Wow!!

Johnjr1959
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

I took a trip to Best Buy to experience the 700. When I tried them on guess what, the ANC works just like the QC35II after downgraded from the firmware update. This would lead one to believe the BOSE company snake charmers downgraded the QC35II so the new hardware, 700, would not be out shown but the older version. Really?, true corporate sabotage to a quality product to keep the new hardware alive, that’s desperate. Knowing BOSE would downgrade a quality product to prevent embarrassment of a inferior upgrade product line shows their true colors, money not customers. Companies do need profit to stay alive and new R&D for tomorrow but sometimes theres only one way to come clean. The CEO has the ability to stop the bleeding and to share the truth and take responsibility for the misguided error. Again and again, unless the new firmware damaged the headphones, releasing the old firmware will fix the QC35II concern this blog addresses. Unfortunately that release would be a strong determinate to the 700 product line.  We can still hope BBB gets word of this through complaints filed by those consumers with QC35II bought less than 365 days ago, and then we might get a settlement. Keep in mind if they were to offer the 700 in exchange your only getting the same capability under a new wrapper.     

Highlighted
tbohereen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Does anybody found a new fix to downgrade the firmware in the new bose updater app? Like in the previous posts the reddit fix cannot work anymore with the new version.