Highlighted
Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Why the hell is this "marked as a solution !?!?!  I can still hear people talking and the TV when there is no music playing, It use to blockout all noise and now I can clearly hear these noises...……….Not good enough Bose, NOTHING IS FIXED!!

Semicoln
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

I can not believe this has happened to one of the best selling headphones ever.  And Bose, a company that prides itself on engineering, hasn’t fixed it.  Drop any effort on the worthless AR stuff and get the fundamentals back in order. 

solis.invicti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Yes, this thread is definitely NOT SOLVED. 

I don't know if the sales have dropped, but what I know is in China online retailers are selling Bose QC35 II headsets at different prices according to AE/AZ series and firmware versions. So disappointed and worried. 

Effenberg0x0
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Marking this as solved as a "way to increase visibility" (in M_Wayne words) is IMHO a terrible idea. I think it will only make people feel even more unsure about BOSE's willingness to fix the problem at this point.

Everyone that has ever posted in or subscribed to this thread is receiving an automatic email from BOSE saying that the thread has been marked as solved. We are minutes away from a rain of angst.

It is not worth it. I think it would be smart to stick the announcement using any other method and mark this thread unsolved asap, before this escalates into a much worse problem. 

scottarue
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I think the wording from Bose's announcement today was poor - and I have a little bit of hope that things might get better.

Read again Wayne's first sentence: "10/15- I am marking this as solved for increased visibility for the survey, but want to clarify that we do not consider this solved and are still working on this."

He says they do not consider this solved and are still working on it.

I appreciate the work Bose is putting into this, but how about allowing users to go back to a firmware version that makes the headphones functional while they sort this out!

I think Bose is in trouble with its R&D department. I bought a set of the 700 headphones only to find out that if they don't sense movement for 10 minutes (like when you are sleeping or meditating) they automatically turn off! They have been kicking that one around a long time. I wasn't aware until I bought a set and was disappointed. I sent them back to Bose for a refund. The 700's are amazing headphones - sound and feel good, and are outstanding for phone use.

After returning the 700's I was going to purchase a set of QC35 II but decided to research that a little better than I did the 700's. Fortunately I found this forum before pulling the trigger and ordering a set.

I am going back to my reliable QC15's and hopefully Bose will either get this firmware fixed, or the problem with the 700's solved.

scottarue
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

This is easy peasy... give us an old firmware that works while you sort this out!

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Hey guys, as I understand it, the reason this thread is still marked as solved is due to a technical limitation of the way this forum/community works.  Bose marked it as solved very soon after this thread was started in June.  Once it is marked as solved, I think they said, it can not be unmarked.  I do not believe there were any other motives behind the marking.

Drew2015
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Well, let start a new tread. Not only on Bose, but on Facebook and Twitter. Bad publicity usually get things moving faster. Probably prevent any more sales. 

So who is doing it? 

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@joelirwin wrote:

Hey guys, as I understand it, the reason this thread is still marked as solved is due to a technical limitation of the way this forum/community works.  Bose marked it as solved very soon after this thread was started in June.  Once it is marked as solved, I think they said, it can not be unmarked.  I do not believe there were any other motives behind the marking.

Do you seriously believe this.

STWBRUINS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

This is absolutely ridiculous. 

[edited by a moderator]