Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I am 100% sure that this not a perception. If you use your headset daily in the office like I do, not to listen to music but for the NC capabilities, and then you install an update and immediately notice a difference, we cannot speak of a ‘false’ perception. I found this thread after the update as I was wandering wth happened. BOSE claiming that nothing changed is bullsh*t. Like I said if you use this product daily in the exact same environment I can guarantee you that a slight change will be noticed immediately!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Then try to downgrade too, and check my theory - will rolling to 3.1.8 or even earlier make difference for you. Procedure isnt so hard and takes maybe 20 minutes.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

How do we downgrade to 3.1.5 ?

Give us details. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

A firmware downgrade will not necessarily fix it. If the devs changed something in a later firmware than an older firmware will not necessarily undo this change. Furthermore I don’t know how to downgrade, using the BTU website it is no longer possible to downgrade and the Reddit post I saw talks about adapting an URL in the BOSEUPDATER.EXE but the steps are no longer relevant due to recent changes in the updater. That it takes less than 20 minutes is horsesh*t, maybe yes on a development machine with every tools installed and everything but not for everyone. Furthermore why does BOSE block the possibility to downgrade without fixing it first.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I send private messages to you guys, if you have questions i will try to help - but i am not sys admin, just regular user like you.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

@Trecrunur Can you send me a pm too?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

@Rooster wrote:

If this whole thing is not a scam I don't know what is. This thread is 4 months old and you still can't fix a minor bug but somehow you were able to code one of the best ANC systems in the world. I am so glad I was able to return my qc35 product and get my money back. Going to buy Sony next week. Good luck with your damage control Bose.   

@Rooster  I bought the QC 35ii back in July, I let it update on its own a few days into ownership and I noticed the bad ANC which led me to this thread.  I waited a few weeks then exchanged for the NC 700.  It had great ANC but the sound and comfort wasn't as good as the QC. So I returned it for a set of QC 35iis that I just don't allow to update. They came with 4.3.6 and work great. During all this back and forth also bought the XM3 but still use the QC because of the better comfort and sound quality.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

This website does not render correctly on Safari for iOS. The menu cannot be opened and other parts don’t work as expected either.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I would like to buy a pair of QC35 II.  Is this firmware still an issue? I don't want to shell out $350 if they don't have ANC. Can anyone tell me? Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@scottarue 

Yes, don't buy it.