Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

According to the user's reply here, I think there are two kind of problems after upgrade to 4.5.2:

1. No or little differences between low and high ANC settings.

2. Can hearing noises that can't hear before upgrade. ANC high and low have differences for these users, and ANC works fine when playing music also.

For problem 1, some users are doing some downgrade/upgrade and getting it fixed.

For Problem 2, it seems no way to fix yet.

I have the problem 2.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I spoke with Bose customer service today again. If I understood them correctly. If you bought your QC 35 ii within the  Manual factor warranty date. They are letting you upgrade to the Bose 700 with an exchange and $40 cost difference. I agree to solve my problem by doing this. I will be getting a email with shipping label to return my QC 35 ii. I don't see them fixing these problems. So far I haven't heard any ANC problems with Bose 700. If you are still under the warranty date. Call them and see if they can do the same for you.

If not, keep your fingers crossed and hope they release a patch to fix the problems. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

all these junked headphones will be sold online as refurbished ones...

I’m lucky to get my money back and not be forced into the 700 which I didn’t like

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I recently went to Best Buy and tried out the Bose 700. I found them to be good. The ANC worked very well. Plus I really like the sound Bose produce.  I hope you get your money back soon. 

I do have extra set of ear cushions for the QC 35 ii. I hope they fit the Bose 700. That is what made the QC 35 ii very comfortable to use.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Thanks everyone for your continued posts. We appreciate all the details in here about your experiences regarding how you have upgraded the firmware on your QC35iis and have been passing them along. This thread has also now been stickied.

As a reminder, Bose wants to make sure that you are enjoying our products. If you are unhappy with any of our products, for whatever reason, please contact us here. Please keep in mind that everyone’s circumstances are different and may vary based on a number of factors, including region. While we may not be able to do for you what we did for someone else, we will always do our best to make sure you are satisfied.

Quick update on the survey and home visits. First, thank you to everyone who filled out the survey. We’ve received a much higher than anticipated amount of responses, so there have been some delays getting back to everyone. Thank you for your patience. Please, if you are interested in speaking with us, continue to fill out the survey and we will get back to you!

We are still in the process of scheduling these visits and will have an update on what we’ve found during them at a later time. More to come.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

When this update came out it got installed on my headset automatically. I never thought they will put out an update that will mess up the quality of these expensive headphones. Then i go online to find out im not the only one with the problem. I get to customer service and their solution is to exchange mine that are a few months out of warranty with refurbished ones of the same model + $125??????????? That is just insulting. Then i go and get the NC 700 and its Noise Cancelling wasn't as good as my QC 35 II were before the update. So i returned them and bought the new Sony WH-1000XM3. After what Bose have done here and their lack of care for customer satisfaction, im never going back to Bose... they are dead to me...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

For all of you who are upgrading to the Bose 700 headphones because of this firmware problem, BEWARE! The 700's have their own problem that has been discussed in another forum here.

Be sure to read this forum - https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-700-Headphones-Auto-Shut-Off/td-p/222337

The 700 headphones were originally designed to automatically turn off if they do not detect motion for 10 minutes. This was a problem for people who want to sleep or meditate with the headphones. If you read the thread, Bose acknowledged it. But at first they said that the headphones were so sensitive they could even detect a heartbeat. Not the case. Users were disappointed  after they would turn off after 10 minutes. I was one of them, and fortunately was able to return the headphones for a refund under the 30 day trial period.

According to the forum, Bose has released a firmware upgrade that extends the 10 minutes to 1 hour. It is too soon to tell from user response if this has solved the problem for people who want to sleep or meditate with the headphones on. If you are moving from the QC35 II because of poor ANC after the 4.5.2 "upgrade" and buying the 700's, just beware of this problem that may make you unhappy.

It seems fairly obvious that Bose degraded the ANC on the QC35 II's and is not going to do anything to change it. Was this a move to get users to buy the 700's? I would have never thought Bose would do anything like that, but with their insistence to not allow people to go back to a firmware that provided good ANC it seems they are more interested in sales than they are satisfaction. If they can ever regain their reputation for quality products and customer service, it will take a long time.

I have a pair of QC35's I am unhappy with and suckered into buying the 700's only to return them.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Wayne_M 

> This thread has also now been stickied

1. Thanks for sticking the message.  But it is also floating.  Imho it needs to be one place or the other.  Otherwise, it leaves some of us with the impression that they are/could be different posts (though anyone looking at the header in detail should figure out they are the same).

2. Now they are two, will posts to one also be reflected in the other.  If so, it will keep moving to the top below the sticky posts.  If not, how do we know which one to reply to?

3. You failed to put this latest response on status into your 4.5.2. 'status' post (which is a different sticky).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

I just bought a pair of qc35 (first gen) on firmware 3.0.3. Honestly the ANC is great compared to my old qc15s and basically the same as my Bose A20 aviation headset (which is $1400) so I would imagine that is the top of the line technology. I have no real complaints with these headphones, and although I can’t compare them to previous firmwares, the devices I can compare them too make me believe that these headphones are still awesome even on the ‘bad’ firmware. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Thanks for posting continous update on this.

I just registered to add one more headcount to the ones complaining about ANC after the update.

I bought the headphones second hand, without its warranty papers in mint condition, hoping that Bose, being the company of quality products, would deliver as they did so many times. I was mistaken.

Let me make a long list of failures (bluetooth range is less than 10 feet, app doesn't connect, list of devices cannot be cleared, only 1 device can be paired at a time etc) short. I am having the exact issue with ANC since the update, as described above. I tried everything found on the internet (resetting, reinstalling the latest firmware) even the modifed boseupdater.exe whch now has apparently been patchen on BTU so it no longer works. Getting back the old firmware is just not possible.

Since I do not have the warranty, all I have now is an overpriced brick of a device. ANC is honestly sub-par, let alone all the other issues I am having.

I am really, really disappointed. I will have to sell these for cheap, take a hard financial hit and go for another, more reliable brand.

Sorry Bose, this product does not live up to the hype.