Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfkarj
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Bose, I remind you, it's been five months. Other companies with the same level of problems will provide solutions within one week.
sutherlandsd
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

I spoke with Bose last week, discussed my problem with ANC.  I agreed to send mine in so they could do some testing on it and of course they were gracious enough to say they would send me some on older firmware back.

Hopefully they can tear mine apart and fix this mess.

glacierrr
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

I've solved the problem with 4.5.2. Thankfully that my headphones had production defect i replaced them under warranty. Now i have 4.1.3 and there is clear difference between hight and low and pretty good sound cancellation.

Lydia1234
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I got a brand new QC35 II from company as a gift last year. I used it only when I was on the airplane for a while.

I started to listen to music with QC35 recently, and I found a problem with the noise cancelling function. When playing music, I can hear the ambient noise while ANC is on. 

I am frustrated and disappointed after troubleshooting and following the reset steps , as 2 issues continues happening :

1) While ANC is ON & listening to the music , I can hear the ambient noise (music/people talking) at Starbucks . It looks like that audio passthrough function is always on, but I can't find a way to turn it OFF. 

2) No differences between Noise cancellation at LOW and at HIGH level. 

As top fans of Bose, I'd like to support you as always if you can help me to fix the issues or exchange a good ONE for me. 

Thanks.

SharkCans
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Upgraded to Firmware 4.5.2 via app and action button stopped working, as did voice prompt.

Tried btu.bose.com updater, it said voice prompt was not installed and to update again.

Did that and updater keeps dropping out at 28%, does not matter whether different cable etc.

Now log Id's firmware as 0.0.0.0, headphones turn on but NOTHING works. 

Buttons make 4 tone sound when pressed but no function.

NO bluetooth at all

NC works but headphones time out and turn off, requiring turn on again.

Reset cycle doesn't work.

How can I fix this?

shaikh.hidayat
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

70,000 views !!!!

Bose, I hope you are seeing this spike as well. The situation could be have been handled more efficiently.

HendrikV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

sounds like it is bricked..

you should return it..

hopefully refund and get another (brand)..

I'm still amazed Bose couldn't figure this out in the own engineering department.

And had to go to people's home...

ikozz
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@SharkCans wrote:

Upgraded to Firmware 4.5.2 via app and action button stopped working, as did voice prompt.

Tried btu.bose.com updater, it said voice prompt was not installed and to update again.

Did that and updater keeps dropping out at 28%, does not matter whether different cable etc.

Now log Id's firmware as 0.0.0.0, headphones turn on but NOTHING works. 

Buttons make 4 tone sound when pressed but no function.

NO bluetooth at all

NC works but headphones time out and turn off, requiring turn on again.

Reset cycle doesn't work.

How can I fix this?

Congrats! U've bricked them. Return to Bose

billywag
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

They have been reading these for months and there are articles out there about this issue not being handled. They won't do anything, they want you to buy the new ones. I just solved it by going to a high quality brand and never going back to Bose. But they know there are people out there that will keep buying their products, no matter how bad their customer relations are. Many big companies are adopting this new business model were they force people to upgrade their devices by putting out updates that make the old devices bad... shame on all of them!

vinayak.india
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

I hope it is not to promote Bose noise cancellation 700 which is the latest product from BOSE. I bought new headphones QC 35 II and after reading the reviews decided to not to upgrade the firmware.

Bose please do not downgrade a good product not expected out of BOSE. Pl rectify and bring out a new firmware update