Highlighted
littlebier8
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 11, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

It's very clear that they are deliberately breaking the firmware when they have a new product that comes out.

They did this same thing when they updated the QC35 to the QC35II -- that bricked mine and I had to fight with customer service for hours and then wait weeks for a replacement.

This company is the worst kind of scam. I will *never* buy Bose headphones again. Ever. It's not worth it.

Aroper2003
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

It would be nice to be able to complete the survey to show of another set of ruined headphones. however your survey conveniently only allows a US phone number to be eligible to input to continue the survey, not much use to the billions of people who exist outside the usa, and those that are having the issues around the world.

Vaportrailz
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Here it is three months later and still no fix for this "issue".  Bose, your app "updated" my working product and ruined the noise canceling. 1) No response to the community when its clear they monitor each posting on this website. 2) No software fix communication or software update. 

Legitti
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Bought my pair early this year, still waiting for working FW. Worked for few days with stock FW. 

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I've noticed that i have 1 second stutter about every 10 minutes. My source is p20pro on Android 9.1. I am not moving when it happens, and the phone just on the table. I have tried reset the qc35 and even my phone, nothing helps. I am not experiencing this issue with my airpods with the same phone.

What a shame for high end product.

olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@Trecrunur wrote:

I've noticed that i have 1 second stutter about every 10 minutes. My source is p20pro on Android 9.1. I am not moving when it happens, and the phone just on the table. I have tried reset the qc35 and even my phone, nothing helps. I am not experiencing this issue with my airpods with the same phone.

What a shame for high end product.

In my experience, if the connected bluetooth device also has WiFi active, this can lead to dropouts. Try disabling the WiFi if this is the case, and see if it helps.

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Unfortunately it did not help.

olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@Trecrunur wrote:

Unfortunately it did not help.

did you try resetting/clearing the stored bluetooth devices in the headphones? (this is done by holding the right-ear toggle switch to the right until you hear the message that the list of bluetooth devices/connections is cleared)

mxm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Just registered to express my concern that Bose has not addressed this issue adequately. By now, the investigation should have shown what causes the NC issues with the Bose QC 35. It is really hard to believe that Bose themselves does not know what the heck is going on with their firmware.

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Yes tried everything, nothing helps. It works well with macbook, no stutters. I would say its my phone issue, but again - no problems with airpods. Guess EMUI works faulty only with qc35.