Drew2015
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

A friend of mine that works at the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Has been missing with the software (firmware) on a pair of Bose QC 35 ii that were returned. He got the ANC to work perfect. BUT  the AR isn't working as it should. He's currently trying to see if the AR has effected the ANC with the firmware update.

He offered to do mine at no cost. But I paid to much money to not have the whole package I paid for.

So I contacted Bose. They are upgrading me to the Bose 700. I had to pay for the express UPS shipment. 

olafmol
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@Drew2015 wrote:

A friend of mine that works at the Geek Squad at Best Buy. Has been missing with the software (firmware) on a pair of Bose QC 35 ii that were returned. He got the ANC to work perfect. BUT  the AR isn't working as it should. He's currently trying to see if the AR has effected the ANC with the firmware update.

He offered to do mine at no cost. But I paid to much money to not have the whole package I paid for.

So I contacted Bose. They are upgrading me to the Bose 700. I had to pay for the express UPS shipment. 

it's nice to have good friends 😉

Imho, the AR is nothing more than a gimmick, I wouldn't know who bought these expensive headphones because of these stupid audio AR ideas. It's all about ANC first, comfort second and audio quality third (your prio's may vary of course 😉 )

Anyway, when moving from the AE to the AZ hardware versions, something went really bad in the firmware/ANC/updating functionality. I'm not sure what they were thinking here, but it's a mess.  

texas24
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

I was tired of Bose lack of urgency and not listening to their customers feedback on the 4.5.2 update, so I purchased the AirPods Pro today. I wasn't expecting the ANC (active noise cancellation) to be as good as the QC 35 ii's (hackishly downgraded to 4.1.3) but its actually better, less bulky, and about $100 cheaper. If you're an Apple user, I highly recommend trying these out. I haven't been a huge fan of what Apple has produced the last few years, but they did a great job with these AirPods Pro. Maybe Bose will get the hint once their sales start to suffer.

Gooner21
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@olafmolthat makes no sense as I had the AE's with perfect ANC and the Firmware screwed it up and sent them back and they were replaced with AZ's and the ANC is better (although not as good as before they stuffed them all up with this garbage firmware update, I can still hear voices when no music is playing where I could'nt hear anything in that situation before) 

Nothing to do with AE or AZ as if you look back through the thread, there are multiple owners with both that have been screwed over with this mess 

jAyR
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

How did you contact bose for the exchange qc35ii to 700?

Drew2015
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I contacted them thru their Facebook page. Or call them at 1-800-379-2073.

Good luck my friend. 

[Moderator Edit]

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I wanted to once more thank everyone who took their time to fill out our survey. At this point, we feel we have a good number of respondents, so we are going to turn off the survey on Sunday, November 3rd at 12:00 PM EST (4:00 PM GMT).  

We will continue to reach out to qualified individuals who fill out the survey prior to that time in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

Wayne M

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
robinwo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

Thank you for the heads up Wayne. Your reply did however confuse me.

Earlier today I received an email from Bose support, stating that this issue was already researched, with the conclusion that nothing is wrong with the update - case closed.

Your reply however, suggests that this research is still going on. And that there might actually be a bigger problem.

Could you clarify and provide instructions for moving forward? Can imagine I’m not the only one confused here. Thank you!

[Moderator Edit]

HendrikV
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Arghh.. this thing is getting so messy...

what a shame..

ron365
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

I complained after updating to 4.5.2. I was sent out a new set on 4.1.3 which were fine except the material on the outer face of the headband was poorly finished. It was loose and would probably rip over time. I sent them back and just received an AR pair on 4.3.6. Neither of my previous had AR.

Haven't had time to check to ANC yet. Not sure if getting the AR is necessarily a good thing here?