Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Just here to add my experience.

I have used Bose headphones for almost 5 years now. I have had about 2 or 3 pairs of QC25s, and two weeks ago I decided to switch over to the QC 35 ii's.

Somewhere down the line, my headphones also upgraded to the latest software. Currently running 4.5.2. Since then, the ANC has been horrendous. I can hear all the conversations around me in the office. There's also no difference between the High and Medium ANC modes.

The noise cancellation is significantly worse than my QC25s, so I will either be switching back or switching to another brand. I will be returning these headphones, because with the current ANC performance, these headphones are worthless to me. It's a shame, because I really enjoyed the wireless aspect of the QC35s.

I am honestly very disappointed in Bose for:

1) Not fixing this issue. It is very apparent that this is issue is real. And it's been here for over four months.

2) Not allowing users to downgrade to previous firmware issues.

This just makes me think this is all a ploy to get people to buy the NC700s. If that is the case, shame on you Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

I've been trying to get my QC35ii fix with bose support with no help just the run around saying there's no problem with them. This will be the last bose product i buy from them.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Bought my QC 35 II Feb/2019 and it worked with patch it came with.

Soon as I was stupid enough to update, problems started. For me, it seems that they have never really worked as intended, NOT GOING TO BUY ANY OTHER BOSE PRODUCTS.

What makes me even more mad is the fact I was thinking about a lot between Bose and Sony and ended up with Bose due to ANC... THAT IS NOT EVEN A THING AT THIS POINT!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

Same here. Headphones ANC was great when I purchased them second hand. Did an update and ANC is doing poor job since them, like 25% capacity. Bose instead of acknowledging and fixing the issue, is providing relevant support advice (reset it, download via chrome not phone and so on). At this stage I don't expect them to admit to their fault. 

The simplest solution is to allow us to downgrade to ORIGINAL firmware, which was possible in the past - Bose updater was providing previous firmware, then only one before last, nowadays I don't even know.

This is a huge issue that should be made public - it's the only way I see Bose may take some proper action (allow us to downgrade to original firmware). As it is, SONY will be my next headset. You lost many customers - just look at this long thread and you even stopped replying, This is sad and not a way to run the business.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

We purchased headphones for one thing - ANC. ANC doesn't work as intended. I say that's more enough. It's like you would by a phone and it wouldn't connect to cellular network and mobile data or buying a car and its wheels aren't turning/spinning 😛

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hi,

I'm also affected by the 4.5.2 update, contacted Bose who offer to replace my QC35II.

I have the Midnight Blue edition and they are offering only the Silver as replacement, not even the black, but I would rather have the same color as I originally bought.

Any of you here had the same issues and were you offered the same versions you had, or different ones?

Cheers

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Upgrading for those 700 series ain't a solution.

When I purchased my QC35II the 700 were already on the market.

I compared, and other than the look of the QC35II i prefer, all those new "features" are completely worthless (to me anyway).
I don't see a reason to go for the 700, from what I read I am not the only one.

I think even a "free" upgrade for the 700 i wouldn't do.
Well, maybe, sell them and then rebuy a 35II AE series 😛

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

I am going to buy a pair of ANC headphones and not surprisingly it became a decision between the QC 35IIs and a competitor.

I had decided on the QC 35IIs but I heard about this problem on the very same day I was going buy the headphones. Needless to say the buy was put on hold. Instead I contacted Bose in Sweden for a comment on the issue. They answered quickly, but the answer was a disappointment. There is no denial of the existence of the problem, but also no solution for the ones who have the problem.

The QC 35IIs I have tested have older firmware and works fine. If I buy a pair QC 35IIs, how do I know which firmware version is installed on them? Is it just a matter of not using the app to avoid "upgrades"? On the other hand, then why have an app?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

You are lucky that they were honest with you , I asked service if I should update as there are lots of complain about new firmware, they said I shouldnt worry and go and update it , and I believed them and update it , so I have got a 1 dolar headphones.

With that shty support if you still want to have these headphones, you can have the app and disable the app connect to internet this might help.

But what is the point having them ? If the company doensnt support anymore ?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

I just  bought 2 new QC35 II’s to use at work and they came with the previous firmware version. NC is fine and I hear a clear difference between high, low and off. I made sure the Bose Connect app had no internet connection when configuring the headphones (I wanted the button to control NC and the only way to set that up is via the app). I still cannot believe Bose is forcing this automatic firmware update via the app, when they know some people have bricked headphones because of it. As soon as reports came in of this problem, they should have retracted this new firmware version.