Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I don't get why they don't just enable the option to downgrade the firmware in the updater, if it makes people so aggitated. I can downgrade drivers / firmware of the PC motherboard if I wanted to, I don't see why I should not be able to do it for headphones, if I think the quality is not the same on the latest one - hello, community support, you there?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Bose QC II Firmware update 4.5.2 - hissing sound

Does anyone hear a hissing/noise sound that gets louder when ANC is turned up? I can hear the sound very clearly even with ANC turned to low. Started after the 4.5.2 update. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Once again, you can downgrade simply using moded Updater app (can find on Github), but it doesnt give you anything. After 4.5.2 something became broken on low level below firmware. I would not say that ANC does not work anymore, i can hear difference between low and high etc, but after updating i've noticed degradation and found this forum. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

I also feel a change after the update and ANC is a bit less effective than before as I can hear conversations more clearly. I hope Bose address this in the next update, as this is a hell of a headphone and I am looking forward to the next update  ... 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Once again, you can downgrade simply using moded Updater app (can find on Github), but it doesnt give you anything. After 4.5.2 something became broken on low level below firmware. I would not say that ANC does not work anymore, i can hear difference between low and high etc, but after updating i've noticed degradation and found this forum. 

This should be pinned in first page.
I was already looking to a downgrade guide.

How Bose engineers couldn't detected a problem that thousands of people noticed, it's a mistery

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

I sent mine back for a refund today. It's unfortunate, but I doubt I'll go back to Bose.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Ah, just to remind we are not crazy: in this review they tested again QC35 II after the update.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/bose/quietcomfort-35-ii-qc35-ii-wireless-2018

NC is worsened by 4db, which is A LOT.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Since I'm digging the **bleep** web in search of evidences, I discovered you silently refreshed QC35 II with another version which integrates AR hardware.

So, I'm gently asking you, have you already checked that different hardware is treated separately in software updates?
This users suggests it isn't:

The problems reported with reduced anc effectiveness, and increased white noise, might have something to do with the new hardware/chipset (AZ vs AE) that is needed for the (imho useless) AR “features”. If the firmware and / or app have a unified approach to the hardware, while the chipset:/hardware is actually different. I would not upgrade the firmware from factory stock firmware, if you’re happy with the anc performance as is.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Honestly Bose, **bleep**?

I made the mistake today to upgrade my headphones. 

I as many others registered just because of this, you broke the ANC, fix this crap already!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

This behaviour by bose is unaceptable.. I can't understand how more than half an year later the problem have been noticed, there isn't a solution. I guess some people must have a job doing nothing