Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

To all the guys saying that they had no problem updating the firmware: Have you ever considered that you never had the ANC working properly?

If your headphone is from 2019 or late 2018, there's a high chance that you never experienced the true capacity of the headphone. Don't get me wrong, ANC is still working on the latest firmware, but not as it used to be.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Yes, I did. I had the QC35I and then the II. I did not notice any major differences (of course, all objects are different).

I'm sure a lot of people are affected by the bug… It's clear.

The consequence for me is I won't update my QC35II any more (or a long time after the release…)… That's too bad Bose… Customers won't trust you any more…

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

ANC with music maybe is decent but native ANC without playing music is much worse then at the beginning  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Good question. Mine were manufactured Oct 2017. What I know is in Apr 2018, the ANC silenced the plane engine noises for a 13 hour flight and I was extremely impressed. I have not noticed any discernible difference with the update and do hear a significant difference between the high and low settings, which has been mentioned as a problem for most.

I feel for those affected and share my experience only to say it is not a universal problem... and thus might not be solely a problem with the firmware.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Once again. ANC with playing music is something different than anc without music. If you listen to music loud enough you won’t hear engine even with newest firmware. Without any music anc is a sh..

Another thing is that people don’t bother and they don’t even know that something is broken. Yes just because they don’t give a f about that but when you want high quality you can here the difference 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

You assume that I wouldn’t have tested the difference. I have and I was purely speaking of ANC on its own with no music playing... you know, so I could actually hear the difference!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

I agree with @kristof46 ,ANC is **bleep** now when music is off, I can hear keyboard clicks, steps, talkings in my office.

After these months investigating, I'm curios about when will Bose release the next firmware version, and what it would be fix?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

I have posted back my 1 month old REPLACEMENT of QC35 II due to broken ANC. Bose agreed to exchange it for NC700 model for additional £50. Even though am happy with the outcome, I think this should be free of charge if they can't/don't want to fix what they've broken and can't supply a pair with working ANC.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Once again. ANC with playing music is something different than anc without music. If you listen to music loud enough you won’t hear engine even with newest firmware. Without any music anc is a sh..

Another thing is that people don’t bother and they don’t even know that something is broken. Yes just because they don’t give a f about that but when you want high quality you can here the difference 

You are right. But on my unit, the high/low/off mode are clearly different (without playing music). There is a professional laser printer just in front of me: In high mode -> I hear nothing; In low mode -> I hear it quite a lot; In off mode: -> I clearly hear it. And I'm not trying to hide this issue. I'm a fanatic audiophile (yes, I know, Bose is not audiophile, but I need the ANC in the office :(), always trying to get sound better and better (sorry wallet :)), so I know the difference between ANC qualities…

That said, I'm really really curious to see the final answer Bose will give, after months of investigation… It will have to be bullet proof…

And to reply to those who accept an exchange for the BH700… for 50$… That's a shame Bose even imagine asking for money. We buy a product, we used it the right way, Bose broke it. Why should we even spend 1 cent for that? Why? We have 2 choices: live with something broken (we don't break!) or spend more money to get fixed. I cant stand for that. And you?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

I’ll chuck in my experience. I have been following this thread for a while, but only the qc35 has all the things I want in ANC headphones. I took the plunge and bought a refurbished pair direct from Bose Australia because they have the 30 day excitement guarantee (also retail price for a new pair from them is way more than local shops). I’m pleased to say I’m very happy with them. They have 4.5.2 firmware and seem fine to me. I certainly don’t doubt others experience as mine may have been firmware upgraded in a different fashion. 

I have qc25’s to compare this new pair to. I tried them both in all types of noisy environments. In rooms with server fans running, vacuuming, mowing, tv noise, kids noise. My 35’s are EXACTLY the same as my 25’s in terms of ANC. So I will be keeping them. I could be lucky, but I don’t know what the 35’s were like back in the day. If they had better ANC on old firmware than the 25’s, well I’m missing out.