Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

251 customer who are willling to tell something is wrong

177 page of complaints

no reasonable solution

totally no explanation

no future plan on understanding or solving or anything .....

even a cold answer yes .we heard you.

Yesterday there were a good discount on sony 1000 . I checked if it had firmware issue as well. 

yes it did . but right after apple made pro headphones noise cancelling they issued a new firmwre 4.2.2

when I bought them they were 4.1.1 and they were already better than my qc35ii . after firmware upgraded to 4.2.2 they surpassed my bose.

so I will find someone to buy or gift my qc35s. will never even read about bose products.

thats My last post at that forum.

good luck to you all

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Anyone else replaced their QC35ii with the new 700's?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I will not replace a my non-working Bose QC35 Series I (!!!!) product with another paid Bose product?!

Im trying to be as much as objective as I can be today - I am sitting here right in my office and I am convinced that it doesnt make any difference at the moment if I am using my Bose QC35 Series I or my 20$ Anker In-Ear-Buds. With music, without music, audio books etc, highest ANC profile. Every noise comes to me ear.

That makes me feel really sad because about five colleagues in my small company bought Bose QC35 Series I or Series II because of my recommendation.

Come on Bose. There has to be many of Bose employees using these products and having the same issues.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I talked with the German BOSE support through WhatsApp. They are aware of the ANC/firmware issue but have not yet a solution nor an ETA. They offered to replace my QC35II. Last week I received the replacement. It's manufacturing date is 2th March 2019 and comes with FW 4.1.3, AZ serial number. I used the Bose Connect app on Android once to set up the headphones while I disabled wifi and mobile data. Afterwards I removed the app although I'm pretty sure it does not apply a firmware update without user consent. Anyway, I was not yet able to test ANC of the replacement headphones in my office environment.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

For all interested people in this thread, it might be good to know that this "ANC-reduction through firmware update" issue has been discussed in this forum for over 2 years(!!) now, older topics have been closed or removed by the Bose admins, but the topic (of course) pops up over and over, so this thread is one of more recent ones.

My personal opinion: if you cannot pinpoint, debug and fix the issue in 2 years time, it's a very high probability the issue will never be fixed. Especially with a new generation of ANC headphones being pushed.

NB are the QC35ii's still officially manufactured, or will there be an EOL moment now the 700's are there? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Today received the new NC700 in exchange  for my qc35II.

My god what a difference in ACN, soundwise a little better and more sprarkling.

The 10 steps in ANC works also flowless instead of off low and high.

I updated the headphone and i think i never update again after this one to keep it safe.

You never know what they are planning to do when a new one comes on the market.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Bose QC 35 ii keeps disconnecting/reconnecting after I install the firmware  4.5.2

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

I am from israel.i also update to 4.5.2.

And it destroyed my ANC.

I send them to the service and finely they replace them to a new QC35II.

With firmware 4.1.3.

After that. first i delete  the bose app from my phone.

Now I am happy🙂  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Came here to say that my beloved qc35iis were stolen so I bought a new pair of 700s - the ANC was slightly better but the sound was slightly worse imo (not enough punch in the low end) and the clamping force was way too tight making them too uncomfortable for extended wear compared to the qc35s - returned them w/in 30 days and bought another pair of qc35iis which came with the newer firmware and my god, the difference in ANC is astoundingly bad - I wear them every day on the T in Boston and with the new pair, it’s almost as if there is no ANC at all - I can hear conversations, the doors, the T recording - all clear as day. It’s actually crazy. The only difference b/t high, low, and off is at the lower ANC settings, more muffled low end sounds are louder. The difference in ANC between this new pair and my old pair is extremely stark. Any update on this???

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Welcome guys, no updates on this. Very sad to hear that.