Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Thanks. Mine was working fine then suddenly having the issues.

Is a long way drive down town just to find their authorized service center.

Not sure why is it so hard to give some firm answer or response to fix this. isn't there any log files to trace at all? 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

@gravax Because not all of us lives in the US, or close to a Bose center...

I'm Brazilian, and the nearest Bose center is in Mexico. However, a lot of people that lives near those centers has already traded their QC35ii for the 700's, sending the old ones to Bose.

Do you really think Bose would trade a 2 years old (and used) headphones, for brand new's 700 if there was no problem? It's quite obvious that they found something on this matter, but, still, we have no information. As a lot of users reported, Bose is aware of this problem.

If you don't have the problem, congrats, but don't think others are stupid just considering the fact that we didn't go to any specific place to test the headphones or replace them.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

Bose has started linking this page to the main shopping site randomly. They don't want people posting here.

I was about to upgrade to the qc35 ii from the 25 and after seeing the verge article, I'm totally done with Bose! This type of practice is crazy. I would suggest you guys start a class action, seeing as Bose is refusing to fix this after so many months. It's very clearly deliberate.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

We need to find a compromise solution, and what I can think of is:

IF BOSE CANNOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM,

THEN PUSH THE BEST VERSION OF THE PREVIOUS VERSION TO EVERYONE,

so that everyone can go back to that version and at least work properly.

Since I am a new user, hope that the users can post the version that you think is the best.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

exactly, people should post on facebook, linkedin I keep writing bad comments on their posts on linkedin, this forum know by who already bought the product, I didnt know that forum before I buy my headphones so thats why they dont care about this, new buyer wont know about new software issue. so if people bring this to social media afterwards Bose will start solving issue.

As we can say they dont care what you say here. Because none of the potential buyers see these.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2 !!

I have the same problem. Also after update i hear a static noise when the ANC is on 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

After updating I ran into the same issues like everyone here.

I spoke to the support. They said that a NEW FIRMWARE is soon arriving.

It should be released within the next few days.

I‘m checking for the new Firmware around December 1.st.

If there is no new Firmware or the Firmware did not fix the problem then

I‘m sending them back (still got guarantee).

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. The strong participation we received is much appreciated and we have now reached out to all respondents by phone. It has been great to talk with many of you and to learn about how you use your QC35 headphones. These conversations have been productive in helping us understand the difference in ANC many of you are reporting.

We are still in the process of planning more visits in the coming weeks, prioritizing members still in possession of their QC35s as some of you have already received replacement units and are no longer experiencing the issue. We’ll continue to provide further updates on the status of these visits as well as our next steps once the process has been completed.

Thank you everyone who continues to work with us and support us as we investigate!  

@MatthiasBaumann I apologize for any confusion but I do not have any information about a new firmware release at this time.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Yes, information about new firmware from users "who talked with support" seemed fake from start.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

@Wayne_M 

As you said:
Some of you have already received replacement units and are no longer experiencing the issue.

But I believe there are most of the users haven't solved the problem still.

The problem with the QC35 II was not begin from the start, and it had its honor times,
Based on this, it's clearly not a hardware issue, so why not get everyone back to the good version firmware?

Your hardware is so great, and your software is so industry-leading,
if you really think about user experience, as you say, you can really optimize the functionality of your APP( not in a hurry time)

But the basic, brilliant ANC had to be given back to all users.