Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeJong19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I have got the QC35 I for 4 years now, the first years anc was a monster!! Could not hear a thing! Since quite a lot of time now, I believe after firmware > 3.0.0 the anc did not do anything anymore, and I'm quite pissed off about this. You can not even downgrade your firmware!! I wish I had never upgraded the firmware, so BOSE, fix this problem or let the people decide what firmware to run!!!! At this moment I do not recommend to anyone to buy this anc headphone without anc.

Daddyburns
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

&Raul_sbd I wouldn’t (personally) cancel your order. 

they are a great, superb headphone. I am perfectly happy with mine. I take them everywhere. The ANC may or may not have degraded since firmware 3 but I don’t know any different and I’m really satisfied with the levels I get. 

I’m truly sorry for those on here who have ANC issues. It would be interesting to understand what percentage of headphones out there have this issue. We’ll never know but it could be a tiny proportion. Notwithstanding it’s not acceptable for those suffering so I hope you all get replacements 

So simply don’t update the firmware as a precaution 

David Moore
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Just to let you know this problem also exists with the original QC35 also with the most recent update that as issued for those at the same same as 4.5.2.

Previously I used the Bose Connect app to update the headphones, but I have this time decided to use the Bose Updater from my Mac - so the headphone was updated to 3.0.3 with voice prompts 1.0.6.

I will see what happens.

vikram_dillikar
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2 !!

Replying within Bose community will not help. Take it to fb and twitter...make it a revolution and then the company will come down to its knees to resolve the issue. Not many understand kind words these days.

Thissucksbose
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I came here and made an account just to say that after the last update my anc is much less effective than before.

bose offered to send me a new set, but I declined and instead bought a pair of B&W px7,s. NC on those boys is deadsilent like my QC35-2 used to be.

i lost my faith in Bose and will probably not buy or recommend anything by Bose ever again.

It defies belief, you make a brilliant product and then **bleep** it up.. and worst of all.. zero communication.

i hear the Sony’s are great too. The B&W’s I highly recommend too.

F3rn4nd0
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

They need to let the users to be able to downgrade the firmware! The difference is huge, I was able to downgrade mine (search for it in google, reddit has the answer) and it's a clear difference.
I'm not using the app ever again, the headphones are perfect for me on 4.1.3, but with the update they were terrible. They introduce a really noticeable white noise in the High ANC, there was no difference between High and Low, I even try it with ambient sounds from youtube and putting a fan in the room, and there was no difference at all.
With 4.1.3 there is a clear jump between high and low ANC, and in high I don't hear any white noise.

Bose, if you are not going to fix this issue (and it seems that you are not doing it, its been months!) please let everyone else do the downgrade, because this IS THE FIX for the firmware update problem.

raytsh
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

@F3rn4nd0  Though, that would be like admitting they've made a mistake and that probably won't be happening.

Tymiano
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

I got replacement from Bose, the nc700. I found them to tight and overall not that comfortable as the qc35 II were. Sold them and bought Sony WH-1000XM3 on black Friday sale. Oh my, am not looking at Bose again. App is excellent, so many features, noise cancelling is finally working again (almost as good as the first qc35v2 I used to have on the beginning). They are almost as comfy as qc35 and the sound...I like it much, much more than any Bose I have had. So although I used to think Bose was superior and more premium brand, I don't regret swapping even one bit. Sorry Bose, you lost me as a customer.

Svenneh
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Is there any news/official statement from Bose yet? 

drwhois
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

so i contacted bose Belgium in regards to the upgrade path to the 700 model and over here the upgrade is also available for €50...

so on one side i want to take the upgrade path but on the other side i read about less comfort and weaker in the lows...

so anyone went for the upgrade and like to share pro's and con's?