kNagamoto
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@Wayne_M 

ok - I understand and  apologize. It will not happen again.

While we are at it: Is there any news regarding the problem we all share?

gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hi!

@MarcosBR wrote:

@gravax Because not all of us lives in the US, or close to a Bose center...

I'm Brazilian, and the nearest Bose center is in Mexico. However, a lot of people that lives near those centers has already traded their QC35ii for the 700's, sending the old ones to Bose.

Boses website gives:

Brazil

ALEXANDRO DE AZEVEDO

Business Development Manager

55 48 98414 0698

alexandro_deazevedo@bose FOLLOWED BY com

ASSISTÊNCIA TÉCNICA

ENGEVIDEO HOME SYSTEM

Rua Constantino de Souza, 640
Esquina com Rua Dr. Jesuíno Maciel, 622

55 11 5041-8621
55 11 5535-7574

info@engevideo.com.br
http://www.engevideo.com.br

Did you check? Did you actually try contacting them?

Gilles

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

I don't have any new information to share at this time but we are continuing to work on this.

Right now we have a very multifaceted approach. We are paying attention to this thread and the concerns being brought up in it, as well as listening to your feedback with regards to the firmware and functionality you would like. We are continuing to visit with willing members who filled out the survey to run tests and better understand the reports of ANC changes and reviewing QC35s that have been sent to us.

I also wanted to add a reminder that we want to make sure that you are enjoying your Bose products. If you are unhappy with any of our products, for whatever reason, please contact us here. Everyone's circumstances are different, but we will always do our best to make sure you are satisfied.

I'll get everyone more information once I have it!

gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@Wayne_M wrote:

I don't have any new information to share at this time but we are continuing to work on this.

Right now we have a very multifaceted approach. We are paying attention to this thread and the concerns being brought up in it, as well as listening to your feedback with regards to the firmware and functionality you would like. We are continuing to visit with willing members who filled out the survey to run tests and better understand the reports of ANC changes and reviewing QC35s that have been sent to us.

Wayne,

I'm pretty sure those who sent headsets to you guys have done so because they were experiencing issues with ANC (I'm not, so not complaining here, I love my QC 35II). Have you been able to experience the failing ANC on these headsets? What about for people you visited? How did those visits turn out? I imagine there are 2 options in case of an in person visit:

1) Bose tries the headset and finds ANC faulty. Tells user. Uses headset to help find a fix. User could report here that this took place.

2) Bose tries the headset and finds ANC not faulty. Tells user. What happens? User disagrees? Could they report here and tell is if this took place and how it was handled?

Also, @Wayne_M could you tell us if there is a reason that headsets could go from being "full isolation mode - strong air cabin pressure effect" to "less isolation - almost imperceptible air cabin pressure effect"? I think but could be mistaken, that my headsets are slightly lower ANC then my old QC 2. But it's not bothering me. I actually like to be (even very feebly) aware of my surroundings if people come talk to me.

Is there some kind of de facto industry standard as to how much external ambiant sounds should still be perceived in an ANC headset? Or is a company actually allowed to make "full isolation" headsets? (In which case, how about adding a 4th level of ANC - called "full isolation" where every external noise is completely canceled)?

Gilles

Heijmenberg
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

I have a new problem with my headset. If I am switching between my iPhone and laptop when they are both connected the headphone reboots en get's itself into a bootloop. It keeps telling me the batteryinfo and what devices are connected over and over again. I need to switch the QC35 II off to stop the bootloop. Is there a fix for this annoying problem?

etbarnet@hotmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I am having the same problem as many others. My noise canceling does not work. I tried what was recommended to others and it never helped. Honestly, the noise canceling portion only worked for a week. 

respectfully,

Tracy

Mr.K
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

It makes no sense to me that you guys are still trying to play this game. I have a QC35 II and I experienced the same issue, however, for me it was since I bought it. Before I had a QC25 and for that one the noise canceling was far better that on my QC35. Today I read an article about this issue, so it made me wonder…. what if…So after a couple of hours or reading online I found out how to downgrade your firmware to 3.0.3. Guess what? Now my qc35 noise cancelling it’s awesome. Also, I manage to fix my Bose Sound Link Micro that turns on automatically when a device it’s in range by downgrading it to a much older firmware.

It makes me laugh how Bose thinks that its users are all stupid and they are believing this “we are still working on it” line.

All respect for the guys that are making this tool available online.

lobodpav
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

I have an AE version of the QC 35 II, manufactured on 3 May 2018.

It came with a 4.1.3 firmware I think.

When I got the headphones, I remember playing "Céline Dion - Ashes" soundtrack on youtube, and I was amazed by the amount of bass and also the sound quality.

Since the 4.3.6 upgrade, I've noticed stronger white noise and less cabin pressure with worse ANC (started to hear my kids talking in another room).

After some time I played the same song again, and I realised that the awesome bass is gone. First I thought that I got used to the song hearing it multiple times.

Then I got to this forum (thank god I did not upgrade to 4.5.2). So I googled a bit and downgraded the headphones to 3.1.8.

What a surprise! I immediately noticed much richer bass on all the music I listen to. The ANC is back, finally, in a state when I do not even hear my family entering the house when listening to music.

The downside is that the 3.1.8 seems buggy and sometimes switches into a headset mode when running Xcode, sometimes I can't even switch to another Bluetooth device.

Anyway, the ANC and sound quality are worth the minor glitches I face.

nuno.duque
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hi,

How did you downgrade? I thought the tools was no longer available 🙂

lobodpav
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

@nuno.duque I am still able to do that on macOS. Just search for "bosefirmware/ced" on GitHub.