Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Created an account just to add to the group of people whose Bose ANC got ruined because of an firmware update.

I just got a pair of these yesterday. I heard that an update was bad for these but when I first started them I got an update automatically which didn't ruin them and I thought updating these was okay.

Today I got another update so I decided to update them and now their ANC in HIGH doesn't even work. Its like LOW and HIGH are the same now, could be even worse.

I am very surprised how much of a difference it made.

It is very noticeable and so many people obviously have the problem since months ago. Why wouldn't Bose do anything about it???

Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@enhp wrote:

Created an account just to add to the group of people whose Bose ANC got ruined because of an firmware update.

I just got a pair of these yesterday. I heard that an update was bad for these but when I first started them I got an update automatically which didn't ruin them and I thought updating these was okay.

Today I got another update so I decided to update them and now their ANC in HIGH doesn't even work. Its like LOW and HIGH are the same now, could be even worse.

I am very surprised how much of a difference it made.

It is very noticeable and so many people obviously have the problem since months ago. Why wouldn't Bose do anything about it???

Months? Make that more than 2 YEARS. Enough reason to believe they are NOT ABLE to fix it. Unfortunately. It's a sad story.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I'm a bit confused with many compliance's here, after checking most FW including last one, i can say ANC working well of the all FW versions, and as newer as better !

Really have no any notice that latest 4.5.2 FW made ANC not working at all. It works well for me. No any significant worsening with latest firmware, just work as declared by Bose, and i hear difference between  three kind of setting on/half/off ANC.

I've been checked all fw till 3.1.7, and get back to latest one.

That's what i have.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

I also have differences in the levels of anc.  but hissing really bothers me

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

4.5.2 update made noise-cancelling mode completely inoperable -- no sound output at all when noise-cancelling is activated. 

Reached out to support, as instructed by the forum post, and was told nothing the best they could do was give a discount on a replacement purchase. Out of warranty = s*** out of luck. Why the hell would I want to spend more money and reward your screw up? 

To be clear, I upgraded firmware, as recommended by Bose!

Really, really horrible. Disappointment is an understatement. Unreal.

It's been over 6 months now -- get it together. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Do you guys suggest me to buy bose qc35 or sony wh1000xm3 ??? i'm really confused right now 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Get the Bose!! They are super comfortable, sound great and Bose customer service is excellent!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Thanks for the advice , i have one more question please : Did Bose solved the frimware problems ? i'm afraid that when i Thanks for the advice , i have one more question please : Did Bose solved the frimware problems ? i'm afraid that when i buy the bose qc35 i get frimware problems.buy the bose qc35 i get frimware problems.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

@Mr.Beast wrote:

Thanks for the advice , i have one more question please : Did Bose solved the frimware problems ? i'm afraid that when i Thanks for the advice , i have one more question please : Did Bose solved the frimware problems ? i'm afraid that when i buy the bose qc35 i get frimware problems.buy the bose qc35 i get frimware problems.

DO NOT BUY ANY BOSE PRODUCT. That's my advice. They will never fix your problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

@Mr.Beast  I still have my exchanged QC35II but I returned my newly purchased pair of QC35II and got a pair of WH-1000XM3 instead. The ANC on the latter ones is definitely better compared with recent QC35II models (that will have recent FW installed by default). Sound-wise the QC35II are more neutral and the 1000XM3 are more "fun/exciting" to me. This can be changed via the EQ in the app for the 1000XM3 though. I was able to get both headphones to sound nearly the same. The features of the 1000XM3 are also better, all the stuff you can do in the App for instance. Though, the QC35II are just more comfortable and better built and I really value the option to have two devices connected to them at once. In that regard they are better than the 1000XM3.

But, if you are getting new cans for ANC, I have to recommend the 1000XM3 instead of the QC35II.