Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Wow, I'm absolutely impressed to see that there are people who is aware of this issue and are still going to buy this headphones... Are you out of your mind? After the update I wouldn't even pay half of the price for this headphones because they introduce white noise, so even other headphones that does not feature active noise cancelling will perform better than this. 

I would like to buy or change mine for the sony's but for the price they feel incredible cheap to me, pure plastic body and construction, it doesn't feel as premium as this bose. 

My advice for those who are considering buying this -> DON'T.

Also, someone mention that they don't feel like the update was bad for them, you probably haven't ever tried this headphones at its full potential, that's because reduction in ANC was reported from the firmware 4.3.6.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

So why Bose would bother themselves to find solution while there are still people out there thinking about to buy these useless headphones, there are still customers so they will sell till they are out of stock, so funny 200 pages complain and still consider buying these garbage headphones, may be bose started using fake accounts and post positive reviews instead of trying to find a solution. Sony is having quality issue as well in terms of material, people are really happy with Apple Pro, but dont think that they will be comfortable for long flights. Im giving up on Bose, obviously they dont care, they think it is a placebo effect this ANC issue. Waiting for Sonys new headphones XM4.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I regret for buying bose qc35 ii 😢💔

The ear pads is super comfortable, the bass is really nice but after i updated it to 4.5.2  There is no ANC!! The Low and High options are the same!!! I have raised the volume to maximum and i still can hear everything around me!! I will get my money back and i will buy taotronics tt-bh046( it's bose qc35 competetor) with fifth the price!! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Bought my set last week on Amazon. Serial number ending with AZ. Fabricated April 3, 2019.

Felt the need to add my 2¢ because I just updated to 4.5.2 and they work just as good as before. I was standing in a noisy office and could ear a noticeable difference between the ANC high and low setting before AND after the update.

Not judging anyone else saying they're having issue, but here, everything is fine.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

I think its not wise to post comments or 2 cents if you are new buyer and don't find any issue with the upgrade.

Reason: You don't know what power these headphones possessed in prior versions of firmware. Earlier, I didn't use to hear any keyboard ticks or person sitting next to me..but now, although there is a noticeable difference between high and low mode, I can hear those noises..

just my 2 cents.. 😉

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Of course it’s wise to put in his 2c. So many people saying they can’t hear any difference between low and high after upgrading. This person is saying he can. 

Plus there are a lot of people following this and asking should they buy a pair. My 2c is only buy if you get a 30 day return guarantee. I bought mine direct from Bose a month ago and I love them. I’ve used them on a plane and they were the best headphones I’ve ever had. This is on 4.5.2. 

Also the Sony’s aren’t without their problems. The touch controls are a hassle if your finger is sweaty and they can randomly skip songs under certain conditions with the sun affecting the capacitive touch pad outside.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

I got a new one last night. Was super excited, and the app basically forced the update on me. 

This morning on my way to work I found I could hear everything. And I mean everything - conversations, transit announcements, and even the Starbucks barista asking for my order. 

I used to wear a $40 no noise cancelling phone I got on Amazon and it did a much, much superior job at blocking outside noise. So I decided to google wth was happening with my acclaimed, brand new Bose, and I bump into this thread. What have I done. 

I am going to try some stuff this weekend and if it doesn't work back they go. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

When you say you hear noises, is it when you wear the headphones without playing music? Or do you hear noises even while listening to music?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I can hear everything even the music is on ! Today am gonna get my money back ( i won't buy expensive headphones again  )

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Hello everybody,

i wan't to share my expirience with the ANC Bug with you. Maybe it helps.

Based on the bad News articles of the Firmware issures with the latest version 4.5.2 i decided to buy an pair QC 35 II to verify that a firmwareupdate bring the problems.

So i got an QC 35 II produced in November 2019 with Firmware 4.3.6 preinstalled.
I installed the Connect App on my Iphone XS, paired the headphone with the device and switched off the wlan and the mobile data options on my phone.

after the successfully pairing i switched between the tree ANC modes. and i recognized a big difference between low and high. (at the moment i live right in front of a construction site where new houses are bulid so i have a good enviroment to test)

After round about 10 minutes, i switched the headpohne off an on again and since then i hear no difference between low and high.
so i opened the connect app and checked the firmware. it was still 4.3.6. So i tried the following steps:

reinstall the app
re -pair the headphones (holding the power Switch 10 secounds)
put them on an wall charger for a few minutes and switch them on again.

pair the headphones with multiple devices (iphones, android and fire tabs),

this steps i tried multiple times. Nothing works.

Then i connect the headphones via USB to my computer and start the bose web update and update the firmware to 4.5.2 (so the permit for the connect app on my phone worked).

i also tried the force update on different devices multible times

needless to say that there are no difference in the ANC Function in compare to my 4.3.6.

i have no clue why, in my setup, the ANC Problem already exist on the stock 4.3.6 Firmware. And why the headphones worked for ar few minutes like they should.

after the Holidays i will bring the headphones to my local BOSE shop to see how they act when i show them the problem.

after this, i will return the headphones to the onlineshop where i bought them. i like the german law. Espessialy the "Wiederrufsrecht" on online purchases.

i hope that someone are interested in my writing 😄