drock
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Sure wish I  have seen these post before upgrading.

I have no ANC now, there goes the best pair of headset I had for two years.

I also went thru all the set stated in the previous post. 

sad day for my Bose

cmcg
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I'm at firmware rev 3.0.3, which is the latest for my QC35s, and my ANC is all but gone.  My son and a friend have QC35IIs @ 4.5.2 and both are experiencing the same problem.

Natzilla
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

Like I said in another post, I have zero ANC right now. I hear absolutely everything. I hear the noise of my cats' paws on the kitchen floor. This is ridiculous. 

To call this "noise cancellation" is a joke. I'm extremely disappointed and will be returning the headphones tomorrow. 

This is not a $400 piece of hardware. Don't fool yourselves. 

anilp77
Participant
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I recently had a pair of qc1 exchanged for qc2. I too notice there is hardly any difference between the low and high NC.

Is there an end to this nightmare?

bosefan1991
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Facing the same issue. I read from the same spot daily wearing the QCs. There is a constant drone of a conveyor belt in the background from a factory nearby. Now with ANC on high, the droning sound is much much louder. The cabin pressure feeling is also way lower.

rony S
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Do not install this firmware. After installing this firmware my Quietcomfort 35ii won't pair with my TaoTronics TT BA-07 (the Bluetooth transmitter I've connected to my TV). Had no problem to pair with my Samsung Galaxy S9+ but lost Bluetooth connectivity with my TV.

The problem is with the firmware. 

timtyrrell
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Coming over from the sad and Bose abandoned QC 35 I post... they are not even giving us "lip service" over there about caring at all. I have literally been mad for almost half a year about this now.

Semicoln
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

I think this thread is soon to be abandoned as well. Crickets from Bose. 

Buckminster
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Hi,

I got the QuietComfort 35 II as a christmas present today... i followed the voice-instructions and installed the bose connect app on my smartphone, where the "preparing for firmware update"-thing began. 

I just found this thread randomly when I wanted to get a few informations about my new christmaspresent and am shocked...

I was able to close the app just before the "preparing"-circle got finished, but now i'm a bit scared the update could start automatically any time soon...

1) does the problem still exist or is it solved?

2) is there any chance, the update will start by its own or will i have to admit/click something (what I won't do) in order to proceed the update?

3) does anybody know, where the data for the update is saved? Is it saved on the headphones or just at my smartphone for the moment..?

Thank you all for any answers and... merry christmas! :

Semicoln
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

It’s best to just remove the app, sadly. They won’t update without the app installed. 

This has not be solved or explained. It doesn’t seem like most sets are impacted but we can’t find any rhyme or reason to it.