Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

These were once great headphones. Now we watch as more and more people come in that got these as gifts finding out this has been going on since the summer. 

Pathetic. Return them. This should become a class-action suit at this point. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

I just visited bose.com while logged in and a big popup tried to get me to accept the Privacy policy and Terms of Use.  If you accept the Terms of Use, you waive your rights to class action.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/legal/terms_of_use.html

15.6 Class Action Waiver. The parties further agree that the arbitration shall be conducted in the party’s respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. YOU AND BOSE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above shall be deemed null and void in their entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.

Bose is not unique in this respect.  Most companies now force this provision if you want to use their services.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I have the same problem, it won't connect to my Tao Tonics bluetooth device.. How can I fix it?

Is there another device that it will work with?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Phew! QC35ii under the tree this year. Connected to phone, no problem. sound was great. Audio instructions worked well.

Next tried to connect to my Windows 10 PC, no-go. Time to upgrade firmware... unfortunately before I found this forum. Upgrade locked at 12% and headphones just beeped. Next day did a reboot, at least the NC was working. I saw a comment somewhere that said they had gone to a Windows 7 machine, and updated. So plugged the old Win7 pc in the net, downloaded the updater... watched the progress bar make it past 12%... and actual finished. 

Was able to connect to my phone, Voice is working, and sound is great. says I'm at the latest version. Next I'll see if I can connect to the win10 which was the original reason these were on this year's list.

Feelin' a bit better at the moment.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

hey guys, I just purchased a pair of Qc35II After reading this thread I am not sure if I should Download the app because of the 4.5.2 software.

Can I still download the app without it updating me to the newest firmware?

Any help is great thanks!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2019

@diljot wrote:

hey guys, I just purchased a pair of Qc35II After reading this thread I am not sure if I should Download the app because of the 4.5.2 software.

Can I still download the app without it updating me to the newest firmware?

Any help is great thanks!!

Yes, you can use the app without network, disable wifi and cellular network, it's only need you to enable the Bluetooth. After setup the earphone, you can delete the app.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Bruh there’s like 9999 pages talking about the upgrade and how the app will install it. Simple, if you want to keep ANC don’t install it. If you’re masochist, install it. The app does literally nothing.  No one needs it!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Alright thanks guys!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

Hi, Is it possible for you to return the headphones to the store for refund? As of me, since as I bought my on June 2018, Bose offered a replacement (probably refurbished) 35ii for reduced price ~$200.00.

And, it might be a good service to others to post reviews and to warn other potential buyers. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Do you call spending $200 a replacement? Bose is laughing right now. They broke your headphones and in order to fix it they will "replace" it for "just" $200.....

Don't fool yourself, if you're going to spend money on a new pair of headphones just add up $80 and get the Sony's.