Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

This guy must be on drugs or something.

Comes here and posts things that are not helpful at all. Uploads an image with his signature and e-mail, why the hell someone would use that sh*t photo as advertising? (I wonder if those headphones belong to him) And acts like he is the king of knowledge. 

It's obvious that there is a problem, otherwise they wouldn't be swapping headphones for nothing. It doesn't matter if YOU have ir or not, a lot o people have it and they are trying to get it fixed by Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Without a doubt the first set of qc35s I sent back were terrible as far as anc.  The ones now.... Pretty amazing.  There is obviously a problem though with some of these headphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

I only discovered this thread recently. I bought my QC35 II in Feb 2019 for an international flight (30~ hours each way including stopovers). It was amazing! The noise cancellation blocked out the hum of the engine and any noises around me. For some hours I used it to just block out surrounding noise, not playing anything. After this international trip, I brought it with me for shorter domestic flights and made these trips much more bearable. 

Then comes my last domestic flight at the start of November... I had a fair bit of time in the terminal before boarding so I was playing around with the app. I noticed there was an update (iPhone X - update pop up). Without researching about it first, I promptly downloaded the update. Oh, I regret doing that now!!!!! That flight was not as peaceful as my several previous flights with these headphones.

I'm extremely disappointed about the upgrade and they've been thrown into a draw since returning from my trip in November, neglected for the first time since purchasing. I used to use them occasionally around the house while cleaning but they're not as good now, and I am disappointed again every time I see them.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi,

Seriously can’t believe this hasn’t been resolved by now? Have I missed it? Please tell me I have.

If it hasn’t, can you please give a timeframe?

Do Bose’s Marketing people and Senior Exec’s have any idea of both the brand damage this plus bricked Sound bar & Truly Wireless Buds over-heating issues is doing? not forgetting the lack of empathy with Customers who are shelling out their hard-earned cash for a supposed high-end Product?

I’m really struggling to understand why this specific firmware update hasn’t been pulled many many months ago? Management well and truly taken their eye-of-the-ball?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Sadly no this hasn't been resolved. Furthermore Boses stance on the subject is not even acknowledging the problem fully. They say that they have to investigate the problem, and they can not make any definitive statements about anything. (please prove me wrong, bose!)

Also there is no official policy on returns / or repairs. It's basically a case by case thing, avoiding the embarrassment of admitting any error on their end in public. There is no time frame of any firmware updates. In fact, I will predict that there will be no further updates. Again, Bose, If this is not the case please tell your customers now! Just read all the responses from @wayne_M: the language is so vague as to say "well, we can not tell you that the product has reached EOL to your face, but we also will not give any information about if this is going to be fixed at all."

To BOSE:

Please make the following simple statements to clarify the situation:

• There is an issue with the ANC for some Customers due to the Update/Update process
  • Yes, we are actively working on the next firmware (Not everyone has the possibility to go to a bose store or can easily send their headphones in)
  • As a Bonus: We will ship the update in [timeframe]

I'll bet this will be ingnored (or deleted) confirming they wont do it. Again I would love to be proven wrong here but this issue has been unresolved for over half a year.  😐 😕

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

EDIT:  they undeleted my original post, but I leave this up for the record. Still an official response would be nice

well this went down the way I expected: here is my deleted post again, proving that they wont make the most basic acknowledgement of the issue.

Spoiler

Sadly no this hasn't been resolved. Furthermore Boses stance on the subject is not even acknowledging the problem fully. They say that they have to investigate the problem, and they can not make any definitive statements about anything. (please prove me wrong, bose!)

Also there is no official policy on returns / or repairs. It's basically a case by case thing, avoiding the embarrassment of admitting any error on their end in public. There is no time frame of any firmware updates. In fact, I will predict that there will be no further updates. Again, Bose, If this is not the case please tell your customers now! Just read all the responses from @wayne_M: the language is so vague as to say "well, we can not tell you that the product has reached EOL to your face, but we also will not give any information about when(or if) this is going to be fixed."

Please make the following very simple statements:

• There is an issue with the ANC for some Customers due to the Update/Update process
  • Yes, we are working on a fix (Not everyone has the possibility to go to a bose store or can easily send their headphones in)
  • As a Bonus: We will ship the update in [timeframe]

I'll bet this will be ingnored (or deleted) confirming they wont do it. Again I would love to be proven wrong here but this issue has been unresolved for over half a year. 

EDIT 2: since a lot of people posting so much irrelevent stuff here ( XY brand is better, mine work fine ...) Please understand that this thread is for problems with the current firmware many people experiance and boses handling of the situation. If yours are not affected or use a different brand now, good for you.  It doesn't help -- in fact the legitemacy of this thread is being lowered. Let's openly discuss the problem at hand & keep asking bose for a fix. We all know that there are competetive headphones around and not everyone has the problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

I'm so glad the community shared the information. I did not update and am very glad. The other headphones I got where Ajay expensive (in ear black and white wire...) And the surrounding of the wire kind of broke/melted over time. I'm done (too) with Bose expensive and unreliable products...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

QC35 i owner here, also affected heavily by the firmware, and I had a question for this crowd: I recall my first indication there was an issue was my own voice not getting piped back into my ears on the many hours of video calls I am on each day. I don't remember anyone else mentioning this in any thread. I was very cognizant of this because it was an exciting feature I noticed over the QC 15's. Anyone else notice and/or experience this?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my original Post asking for any news on the 'Latest' about this issue; much appreciated. Many thanks also to everyone else who posted about this - I was just about to do the Firmware Upgrade from 3.x to 4.5.2 - reading the Threads resulted in being able to stop the Bose App download dead in its tracks.

Bose Moderators - I'm really bothered about the lack of accountability and clear lack of willingness to be (relatively) honest-and-upfront about this situation; why, for example, hasn't 4.5.2 been 'pulled' as an Upgrade? Simple Q as a way to stop other Customers being added to the List of 'now no ANC ANC headphones'.  Ditto why isn't there earlier Firmware available for Customers to 'roll-back'?

If there are some good answers, Customers will at least have a bit of respect and (perhaps) a bit more patience whilst waiting for 4.5.3. An estimated time-to-fix would be better than the horribly open-ended position since June 2019.

Don't know how others on this Thread feel right now (?) but as a result of this I won't be buying any more Bose ever again. You guys had better hope the Tech Press don't pick this Issue up and run with it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

The fact that this hasnt been fixed in 6 months has made me decide to never get another Bose product again.  Which is very disappointing as i love this headset.

Their warranty support was fantastic when i raised this a few months back and they did replace my headset with a new one that had old firmware so the ANC is still working perfectly. 

I finally went on the holiday flight that i originally purchased them for and they were fantastic.  I can say for sure if they didn't replace them with a working pair then this flight wouldn't have been as good.