Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Re: so it's been over 6 months now?

Ok so maybe 50ft for sure. Yep. Wearing them properly and have even questioned myself enough to YouTube how to wear ... haha. They seem to be solid when it comes to “big” noises, but the stuff that aggravates me the most, seem to pass through. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I finally updated yesterday (the download finally completed in the ipados app).  My noise cancelling is also much worse now.  I have complained to the CEO and 7 engineers via LinkedIn to see if they will deal with this issue.  Headphones can be FedEx'ed anywhere, so if the company really wants to find out what is going on, they could.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Thanks for sharing the reddit link; whilst I’m one of the lucky ones who read this Thread before doing the 4.5.1 Upgrade, I like your warning to people about the backward risk of downgrading. It must feel like being between a rock and a hard place....when trusting Bose has put people in this help-yourself-to-get-a-fix’ position. Am I the only one who can’t see a solution?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

....unlike the food and most engineering sectors where Suppliers need to trace raw materials and components to the Nth degree for Compliance and Quality Control, I wonder how detailed Bose manufacturing processes are? Perhaps some of the differences in the impact of the Upgrade on ANC is explained by different suppliers of sub assemblies which can’t be traced with sufficient accuracy? Just a thought in the long-term absence of any Fix from Bose.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

@igauravarora

Could you please to send the guide how to downgrade to firmware 2.1.3.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

@igauravarora 

Thank you for a really great Post - what you've shared is very very helpful and must have taken you a lot of time.  I'm unsure if it's been removed by a Moderator as I saw it on my phone but not when I logged-on to my laptop.

Can you please re-share the process - maybe as a short doc which explains the differences you found somewhere else (?) - as there are many many people on here who now have some hope of recovering their QC35ii's to ANC which suits their listening preference?

Don't forget any DisClaimers that people are doing any Firmware DownGrade at 100% their Own Risk and also probably voiding their Warranty too!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Yeah they removed it I think. Kinda sucky on their part but anyways, the most noticeable was the pressure on my ears and I found 2.1.3 to be more effective in terms of noise cancellation. I followed the reddit thread, it still works. The latest firmwares like 4.x seems to be airy for some reason, there isn't much pressure and there definitely is some difference between 4.x firmwares as compared to previous ones. And yeah downgrading voids the warranty and could potentially brick the device.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

here is a recap for all new users of the QC35IIs:

For a lot of customers there seems to be a drop in ANC performance with the firmware 4.5.2

If you haven't yet updated to the most recent firmware the safest way to keep your headphones performance as it is, is to not do the update. As for features there are supposed to be some "Improvements to music share & Bug fixes" with 4.5.2 - so if you don't do it you wont miss out on much.
If you still want to do it I would recommend doing it over a wired connection and a PC/Mac. More people report success with a mac - so if you have the choice go with that.

If you already done the update and your ANC performance dropped here are some things you can do:

1. write here in the forum - maybe it will at some point pressure BOSE to do something!
  2. if you still under warranty: write to the support -- they will probably offer a replacement. Some people fancied the 700s and got them with some additional cost.(50,-) So if you rather want them it's worth a try.
  3. if you not under warranty: still write to the support -- if you complain enough they might replace them nonetheless. Though sometimes they want money for out of warranty replacement (200,-). If replacement it not an option, there is no official fix for the problem. In fact BOSE still claims there is no change to your ANC performance. So the only way to fix your headphones might be resetting&reupdating or downgrading.

resetting:
1. Turn the headphones off and wait for 30 seconds
2.Plug the headphones into a USB power supply via a USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into a working outlet)
3.Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
4.Turn the headphones on and test if they work properly

After this try to reinstall the update again via a wired connection with a pc/mac

downgrading:
there are ways to downgrade your headphones but the information how to do it may not be shared in this thread. 🙄 A word of caution: downgrading may void your warranty and could brick your headphones. But if your headphones are already without warranty and don't function properly -- well-. To find out how to do it google "bose downgrade github ced"

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Hi there,

I just got brand new QC 35s as a replacement and at this point I own:

a pair running on 4.5.2 firmware, date of Manufacturing April 29, 2019 and
another running on 4.3.6 date of Manufacturing September 19, 2019

I probably will disappoint some of you but the ANC is equally degraded on both sets.

Outside noises on both are equally easy to hear with noise cancellation set for High.

The outside noises were mostly inaudible before my first headset got updated to 4.5.2. I don't know how to explain this other than some QC 35s running on firmware 4.3.6 or older are also impacted by this ANC degradation issue.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I was soooo looking forward to receiving these after investing in pair. I've owned a pair of QC20i ear phones for years and can't say enough good about them.

I received my QC 35 ii this evening. I tried them on, tested them, updated them, tested them, reset them, tested them........... and then repacked them to return to the retailer. THEY'RE CRAP. NO NOISE CANCELLATION. NONE. CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!

The fact that this is down to a firmware issue!?!?!? Come on Bose!! You charge a premium for your products. You must do better!

Yet another disappointed customer.