Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

"LOW means that the external mic's are disabled, and thus wind-noises etc are removed. It's doesn't really affect the ANC itself."

you can't be serious, that's just hilarious

how is the ANC supposed to work well with no external microphones picking up the  incoming noise its supposed to counteract...?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I too have the same issues after updating to firmware version 4.5.2. While I have been patiently following Bose updates and waiting for a fix, I just realised that my warranty expired a week ago 🤬.  

I phoned up Bose Support in Australia and told them this problem is a known issue and that I been waiting for a fix.  I said if it is not fixed by now I doubt Bose is ever going to fix it as they will likely put it into the too hard basket and concentrate support on their latest headphones. I asked for a replacement and was told it would cost me another $325 for a replacement set.  My headphones are almost brand new with no marks or scratches and we’re working perfectly before the Firmware update done by their iOS Bose Connect app.

This is a known Bose issue and they should extend the warranty to cover this issue.

Does Bose really think I am going to spend another $325 for the same set of headphones with this issue still unresolved?  Plenty of other quality noise cancelling headphones coming out these days.  Despite owning 3 previous Bose headphones, l am pretty sure the QC 35ii will be my last.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

@Rugbyfan - yeah I know...it's a disgrace tbh.  Been on here for a month or so following and commenting. Please see my earlier Post about the Simple Options everyone has (imo). Whilst it really shouldn't be this way, if you'd like more deets on downgrading the FW, let me know on here. I'm never buying Bose again.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Why people come here arguing their headphones are broken after the 4.5.2 update before having tried the downgrade is beyond me. As indicated in this thread, a downgrade to 3.1.8 or 2.5.1 fixed the ANC for many users.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I think if you took a straw poll you would find the downgrade has no effect on the degradation of the ANC.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

@audiofanatic666  Why are you even bothering to comment if you fixed your issue.  We would be better off without your attitude.  So when downgrading firmware bricks my headphones, are you going to give me $400 for new ones?  I would rather dodgy ANC than no headphones at all.  

I just want Bose to fix the issue they created.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

I agree!

I have been following this thread for months and it is beyond me why comment if you don't have the issue?  It's creating unnecessary noise and drowning out those that are experiencing the issue...

As for why not try the downgrade?  If you are ready to replace my headphones if I mess them up.. I'm game... but if you aren't.. I am waiting for a solution... I, like others are sitting in this boat due to an update that I, from habit have been taught to always perform... 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Do you really think, things are going to get any better if a chief FINANCIAL officer takes over the helm.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Hello

I bought my Bose QC35 II headphones in January 2018 and everything worked fantastically. The active noise control was outstanding on both the the bluetooth and wired connections and fully adjustable on both connections using the Action button. Following an upgrade of Firmware to 4.5.2 in February 2020 I have noticed a reduction in the effectiveness of the ANC on the bluetooth connection and its total removal from the Action button on the wired connection.

I am aware that the ANC can be adjusted with the Bose Connect app but the recent firmware update only allows access to the Connect app when the bluetooth connection is being used. It is not possible to open the connect app when using the wired connection.

Can anyone explain why the 4.5.2 update would remove the ANC control from the Action button when on the wired connection?

Any advice is very welcome

Regards to all.