Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I bought my QC 35II in November 2017. I have severe sound sensitivity after an injury and these were a fantastic help. Then I made the mistake of allowing my first update in Feb this year and immediately noticed the noice cancelling was not working at all the same. After discussion with an online service person at BOSE help line, they exchanged my original set for a new pair (for an additional $111)

The new pair has the 4.3.something firmware and is still an absolute piece of crap for noise cancelling.  I feel like I just put a box over my head now when I wear them. It’s so freaking frustrating that they had a great product/technology back in 2017.

Don’t even bother exchanging, you won’t get any improvement.  BOSE sucks.  

Seriously, why hasn’t someone started a class action suit? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

The update probably assigned the Google assistant to this button. You can assign back to ANC control using the app.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

I have the ANC button "working". My original pair would block out the crowd's voices, background music, and people at other tables clinking their spoons in coffee cups in a restaurant. That no longer happens. Now I hear all that distraction noise and can barely hear the person sitting across the table from me.  It only muffles sounds, not cancels them. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

*[Removed by Moderator]* I purchased a product from you and it's now useless and defective. I lost money.

Bose, you're not being "constructive" either. Your lack of responses are baffling. The evidence that something is wrong is overwhelming. Why can't you simply:

1) update us on what's happening?
2) allow us to downgrade the FW?
3) allow refunds, exchanges?

You are hurting the brand with consumers. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

TimC- they “offered” me (for additional $111) a replacement pair which sounded like I would get a new pair with working ANC. They had me send in my old pair and then they mailed me another pair.  Total waste since it doesn’t work right either. If I hadn’t had the pair work for two years I wouldn’t know this was not how it should be. So folks new to the product don’t know that either.  I don’t think BOSE gives two hoots we’ve been screwed. 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

hi all,

the most disappointing aspect of this is, beside the obvious screw up from bose, is that none of the tech press is covering this. There have been some articles here and there but none of them are 'holding the flame' to bose in any sincere way. I've written to TheVerge and others but it seems writing inconvenient truths isn't in style anymore. If the media would have covered the 4.5.2 situation as thoroughly as they did the release of the 700 we would have got a fix a long time ago...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Don't Upgrade firmware to 4.5.2, Its got Bad reception of Bluetooth.

Just after I upgrade firmware from "original-out of box" to 4.5.2, sounds start braking badly.

I'm, siting in the same place (less than meter from laptop) , just different firmware, i don't know what number of firmware was before 😞

I need to downgrade it

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Two more months will be one year.

They run away from the problem, hoping it will disappear of its own accord。

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

@TimC @Snagler I share your frustrations - this way of treating Customers is so out-of-touch with Customer Service in 2020. I really struggle spending my hard-earned cash with companies like this.

For me there's only one answer, which is never to buy Bose again, tell friends never to buy Bose and sell what I have whenever I'm due to get something new e.g. truly wireless buds...which btw have a well known fault if used at high-temperatures e.g. by the pool somewhere hot on hols they cut-out  😞 .

I've followed this thread long enough now to agree that they don't give 2-hoots;  if they did the communication would have reflected the what/how/when over the last 12 months.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

@mfkarj wrote:

Two more months will be one year.

They run away from the problem, hoping it will disappear of its own accord。

Bose has been "cleaning up" these threads, the issue has been reported and discussed for over 2 years already, I believe we even might be hitting 3 years. So you can be confident they're not (able/willing) to fix it.