The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.
Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.
Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.
Jun 29, 2019
Turn on airplane mode and enable bluetooth. You will still be able to sync them to the Bose Connect app with that setup, as well as change settings and view headphone information.
While in airplane mode, it can't download the update. It does not download the firmware update unless the following conditions are met: app is installed, phone is connected to internet, and headphones are synced to the app.
Aug 10, 2019
@Brijesh Patel wrote: As soon as I finished update to firmware 4.5.2, I can clearly listen people talking near me even when ANC set to high.
I have 4.1.3 and it doesn't make conversations around me any quieter. ANC in general doesn't work well for people talking.
Based on last seven months of usage, There’s a clear difference after updating firmware. ANC quality is lowered somehow. Wish I’d seen this thread before updating. It was firmware update which directed me here after lowered ANC experience.
Aug 11, 2019
Aug 11, 2019
Me he registrado para quejarme por esta nueva jugada de bose...no tengo la menor duda de que lo han hecho para que sus bose 700 sean mejores en cancelación de ruido. Llevo comprando productos bose desde hace muchísimos años, empezando por unos altavoces 701 serie 1 , su clásico subwoofer con los cubos , su gran central vcs 10. Mi última compra fueron los bose 301 junto con estos auriculares QC ii. Al principio muy contento con la cancelación de ruido, pero después de la última actualización estoy muy decepcionado y más aún con bose por su nueva táctica con los 700. Como siempre he dicho llevo toda la vida comprando bose, pero eso ya se acabo. Además tratandonos por tontos o locos diciendo que ellos nunca han tocado el modo de cancelación de ruido, cosa que esta demostrada. Una pena la verdad con esta gran marca que para mi ha sido de calidad y durabilidad hasta hace poco. Lo mínimo que podría hacer bose es dejar bajar el firmware, porqué a la vista esta de que no tiene pensado modificar nada con la salida de sus nuevos 700. Esperaremos a los nuevos Sony.
Jul 17, 2019
hi everyone, as Bose take too much time to find out whay's the matter about the last update, I decided to return my headphone. I'll tell you if the new product will satify me. I should wait almost 2 weeks to receive it.
Aug 8, 2019
1) why should anyone need to turn on airplane mode? if you don't push the 'upgrade now' button it does not perform the upgrade in the bose connect app
2) i've upgraded to 4.5.2 on the other one also and that also went without problem, ANC still functioning as expected (coming from 4.1.3)
3) you can see the serial also in the properties of the headphone in the bose connect app, in the settings scroll down to productinfo and there it shows, beneath the FW version
Aug 11, 2019
I have had my QC35ii for 10 months and they have recently updated to 4.5.2 and ANC works, but there is little difference between High and Low settings. Perfectly good headphones ruined by a firmware update. I contacted my supplier, Amazon, and they have told me to return for a full refund.
Now deciding whether to go for the Sony WH-1000XM3 or the Bose 700. I can get the Sony for less than I originally paid for the QC35ii, but the 700's are about £80 more. Such a shame Bose have let us down with the update and still no fix.
I have tried all the resetting them, reinstalling the firmware again but nothing has fixed the problem
Aug 6, 2019
Def go for the Sony's.. The 700's are getting pretty **bleep**ty reviews.
Or get another pair of QC35II with the former firmware and just don't update..
That is what I did..
I contacted Bose client support and could return the headphones.
They are sending me another pair..
Out of the box is so far always the earlier version of firmware..
Jul 22, 2018
Okay, let's get a few things straight.
1. The app does not force the update (I was wrong about that), the notification is aboguious though: Uploading firmware to headphones. And once it's done there's an Update now button in the middle.
2. There is a noticeable difference between the ANC effectiveness on v4.5.2 vs v4.3.1, ans for the worse. It definitely behaves like a low pass filter more than anything. It doesn't filter out speech and higher frequencies AT ALL. The official stance Bose has is that there is no change in the ANC, when there's a noticeable drop in the quality.
3. There is a slight difference between high/mid setting on ANC, the main issue is that it doesn't behave as well as before the upgrade. Bes explanation so far is that there is either some calibration that gets lost during the upgrade, or it simply overwrites the mic setting with new (wrong) values. This is possible, although I don't imagine bose used new mics in new production versions as the same drop in ANC is reported in different versions (AE, AZ).
3. After some time the ANC does improve, letting less low frequencies in, cabin pressure is back and perceptive. You can easily confirm the mics are doing their job by slightly moving your fingers over the holes, you can hear they are picking up the scratching noise. Covering them completely effectively disables them, and this should cancel ANC, well this is the issue, there's little to no difference with the mics being covered or not.
4. I Re-did the update though my PC, and the logs showed an interesting story, mostly for the firmware version, it does not show the same, I'll paste them when I get home.
Bose, please get your act together and acknowledge the issue, gathering only a pair of US headphones that are reported as faulty is not enough, when you have at least several Dosen reported here.