Drew2015
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

For any one having a problem getting Bose to do the right thing.

You need to file a complaint against the company. It is the only way to resolve this issue with them.

Here is a link to start you on the right path. I know $350 is not mush to some of you. But to some of us it is a lot. I saved a year to afford this headphones. So please take time to help.

https://www.bbb.org/

Serj
Leader
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Sadly this happens on the BBB site:

Is this complaint based on purchase made more than 365 days ago?
YesNo

BBB does not handle complaints about purchases made more than 365 days ago. BBB suggests that you submit a customer review.

I'll leave a review though.

Thank you for this idea, and all of you who have purchased their cans less than a year ago, please file a complaint. They deserve it!

Also, this can be a good thing to do: please leave your story following this link https://www.bbb.org/us/ma/framingham/profile/electronic-equipment-dealers/bose-corporation-0021-4927... It seems that Bose Corp has a dedicated reviews page on the BBB site.

percy05
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

i heard about the technological obsolesce scam by Apple, but i think BOSE have gone a step ahead to destroy all QCs. Total ripoff in broad daylight . Thug Life of Bose

Wayne_M
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

I know it has been a little while since someone at Bose has given an update in this thread, so I want to assure everyone that our Engineering and Service teams remain dedicated to getting to the bottom of what’s going on here. 

So everyone is aware, earlier this month we reached out to users to schedule visits to their home so the Engineering Team could test the QC35IIs in a live setting. We learned some new information from those members we spoke with, but are looking for more of you who might be willing to talk with us about your QC35IIs.

If you are interested in talking with us, please click the survey link below.

CLICK HERE

We are looking for users within a reasonable distance from our Bose offices in Massachusetts who are willing to let us visit their homes and test your QC35IIs. If you qualify, we may reach out to you via phone call to discuss further possibilities, including a potential home visit.

Thank you everyone for your continued posts and assistance as we continue to work through what is going on here. I will make sure to have more information for you soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
muzel0815
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

After my day in the office and the not realy effectiv ANC i decided to give downgrade another try.

But seems the posibillity is gone. There's a new version of Bose Updater available and the special one from github does'nt work anymore. 😒

Has anybody some solution for this?

Autosan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Is this fixed yet? Can i buy a pair of new QC35ii for myself or not? I just came across this information when researching about these headphones.

Drew2015
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Nope. Not fixed yet. Looks like their are no plans as of yet to fix the problem.  You should take a look at the new Sony ANC . I tried them out at Best Buy. They are awesome. I'm stuck with my no noise cancelation Bose headphones. 

Autosan
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

You mean 1000xm3 or an xb900n.

muzel0815
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

@Drew2015 wrote:

Nope. Not fixed yet. Looks like their are no plans as of yet to fix the problem.  You should take a look at the new Sony ANC . I tried them out at Best Buy. They are awesome. I'm stuck with my no noise cancelation Bose headphones. 

Which model do you mean with "the new Sony ANC"?

Semicoln
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

@Autosan 

It is not fixed. I just received a new pair direct from Bose with July 27th manufacturing date and they are still not preloading the questionable firmware. It is safe to buy them, set them up with the app in airplane mode, delete the app and enjoy. 

They will get it sorted out eventually, but my new pair with the previous firmware are working great.