Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

You are better off buying the new Sony WH1000XM3 instead of Bose right now. Bose does not plan to release an update to fix ANC right now. You can not install older versions of the firmware. The only older firmware that worked was 3.5.1. After that the quality of the ANC was downgraded. If you try to install an older version of firmware.  You risk the chance of bricking your new headphones. 

Best advice. Request a refund and get the new Sony-WH1000XM3 at less you enjoy the full experience. If not, wait along with the rest of us for a  miracle.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I owned the best headphones on earth for about 1 hour, after that i did update to 4.5.2.

ANC was so wow effect for me, and now i am trying to understand if it works at all!

AZ series, may 2019.

Can't believe this issue still not resolved, and blaming myself didnt find this forum before update.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

You can downgrade to 2.0.1 with AZ model (worked 3 times out of 4).

Tried it several times but nothing seems to work.

ANC works poorly (to not say not at all)...

@solis.invicti 

The tool's GitHub page suggests not downgrading to firmware earlier than version 2.1.3 for AZ series models or it'll brick the headset, while AE series are not affected by this issue. 

@ikozz wrote:

Yesterday I received from Bose Russia a new pair of QC 35 II after my first pair bricked during update (disconnect when update).

New pair build at Jan 2019 with 4.1.3 firmware on board. AZ series.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

@Rouvster wrote:

You can downgrade to 2.0.1 with AZ model (worked 3 times out of 4).

Tried it several times but nothing seems to work.

ANC works poorly (to not say not at all)...

@solis.invicti 

The tool's GitHub page suggests not downgrading to firmware earlier than version 2.1.3 for AZ series models or it'll brick the headset, while AE series are not affected by this issue. 

@ikozz wrote:

Yesterday I received from Bose Russia a new pair of QC 35 II after my first pair bricked during update (disconnect when update).

New pair build at Jan 2019 with 4.1.3 firmware on board. AZ series.

I absolutely will not do it. I got these headphones as a replacement for the previous ones, which is bricked. On the new pair firmware 4.1.3 is initially installed and everything works fine. When the music is on, there is complete silence, no matter where I am, in the subway or on the autobahn. When the ANC is turned off, you can hear voice notifications in transport, some strongly, some not so, as well as sharp high-frequency sounds, such as a car signal. But this is all done for the sake of user safety, as I was told in the Bose customer service in Moscow.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

There is literally something wrong, because i cant understand why Bose just can't modify best 4.1.3 with some bug fixes and without touching anything in terms of sound and anc - and release 4.5.3? That is simplest thing they could do right now to please thousands of user, but no...

Or just release placebo update to shure us it is just our imagination)

What i have noticed after 4.1.3 to 4.5.2 its:

1. more white noise when no music playing;

2. more outer noise, like qc35 mic works and translating sound to earcups.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Because of the disdain of a bose company in their customers. You should never underestimate your client as you should not disrespect a potential client. I will never buy bose company products ever.

Because bose don't Solves the problem when it can.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Wow got marked as solved. Haha. 

I have returned by headphones and got my money back but I've been watching this forum to see if Bose will ever fix this so that I can change my current opinion of this company.

Now they have gone and "solved" it by saying use a feedback link instead of this forum. When nothing has been solved.

Wow .. just Wow!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

So this has now been marked as solved...can we have a solution ANC?? You're asking for a feedback and then expect US phone number. What about all those customers outside of US?? You know, we also have your headphones!! It's not US exclusive product is it????

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Nothing has been resolved. All they did is gone out to the field,  and test a hand full of customers headphones.  Yes they are trying to sweep this under the rug. By calling it solved. The problem is not only in the USA. It's all over the world. Russia, Japan, Canada,  and Mexico. That I know of.

Bose sells have dropped. I hope you help put out the truth about this scam on other social media outputs. I have going on Best Buy, Target,  Walmart, Conn"s and many other sites and posted reviews about this problem. Warning people not to buy right now. Bose is practicing the same type of business model as Apple did.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

This shouldn’t be classified as “solved”. How does giving a feedback survey resolve the ANC issue?! It’s ridiculous that this is happening. There’s people all over the world experiencing this issue! 

On a side note: I emailed customer support explaining what’s wrong with my headphones and I STILL haven’t gotten a reply for Bose support. I emailed them a week ago!