Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

nothing. you miss nothing unless several headaches

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@glozanomoran 

Here's an update on the issue that involves the inability to see the three vertical dots in one of your posts unless you hit reply to yourself.  I have been working this issue separately with a Bose group outside this forum in conjunction with the use of the Firefox browser.  I can not speak at this point for other browsers.

1. We have determined that the three vertical dots will appear if you run Firefox in "Safe" mode (which has nothing to do with Windows safe mode).  In Firefox you do a "Help", then "Restart With Add-ons Disabled" and then "Restart".
2. So that would suggest that it has something to do with either the add-ons, extensions, or the customization (I have a userchrome.css file to put the tabs below the toolbars).

That is where we currently stand in the testing.  Once we figure out the exact cause Bose will decide what to do next.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I am probably the newest victim of Bose scheme. I did the update this weekend (19/10/2019). 

Puzzles me why this company is still pushing this infamous firmware even after thousands of users being affected by it. 

maybe the allegations of “demoting” qc35 ii in favor of 700 aren’t that far from the truth after all. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

@Renatz from which version did you upgrade? Looking on some YouTube videos on this topic it looks like the issue appeared with 4.*

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

The rest of the internet seems to have this issue as well. I recommend not updating.

Bose, can you please verify this with your QA team? Seems to be a pretty big regression since the primary functionality of our QC35 ii headphones is to provide exceptional noise cancellation.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Just another person confirming that downgrading to 2.x.x fixed the issue for me completely.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

How exactly did you downgrade because I don't get to see this option on the BTU website:

B QC35II - Update page.png

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Bose made changes in their update tool, so they close the door for downgrading. Newer solutions you can find in google, but its become harder and harder, i would say only for very advanced users.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

If this whole thing is not a scam I don't know what is. This thread is 4 months old and you still can't fix a minor bug but somehow you were able to code one of the best ANC systems in the world. I am so glad I was able to return my qc35 product and get my money back. Going to buy Sony next week. Good luck with your damage control Bose.   

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Relax guys, just rolled back to 3.1.8 and difference is almost non. I think there is two explanations:

1. Most of us get used to ANC effect, so degradation its just imagination;

2. There is some hidden part of the FW, that can not be changed by downgrading.

Second can be true, because there is tests in YouTube made on pro sound equipment that show degradation in exact numbers.