gravax
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

@scottarue 

A few hundred people have had issues with firmware updates. It's not clear yet if it's the firmware... or the update process itself. But hundreds of thousands of users have absolutely perfect ANC with these headsets. I'm one of the happy campers. My suggestion: buy them. They are the best available. I compared to the Sonys when I found this thread... But the Sonys are not as good.

Bose support is amazing. Get the headsets. If a firmware update (unlikely) botches your headset, just take it back to the store and they will replace it. But if you are like me... your headsets will provide years of beautiful service.

One thing... Older headsets had ANC set to a level where you almost heard nothing from the outside world... and if felt like your hears were in a cotton box. Some loved it. I found it too much. The newer generations have ANC set to less strong. You still hear people speak. It's a security feature. If somebody in the office screams "fire!" you want to hear that... On planes, the ANC is really great. Wind and engine noise almost totally gone. Most people voices barely audible. And audio quality is perfect. The previous ones, audio was slightly colored and not as much to my taste.

What I think Bose should do is instead of 3 levels of ANC (0, low, high) they should have 4 levels (0, low, high, and full isolation). That would make everybody happy.

But today, I am VERY happy with my QC 35II (latest 4.5.2 firmware).

Gilles

t.rommel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Anyone already replaced their (decreased) QC35II with the newer 700's? Worth it?

olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Interestingly enough the Sony forums are also full of people complaining about bad ANC after a firmware update. Maybe Bose and Sony source from the same chipset vendor for their ANC?

nb the issues reported with degraded or even broken ANC on the Bose go back for over 2 years now, so I don’t believe they’re going to solve it anymore if they were even able to.  

Jacho
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 12, 2018

I seriously do not know what Bose has been doing all these while. There are hundreds of threads and yet Bose couldn't solve our problems. Why we buy your product because of ANC and comfortability. It is a waste of time by going house to house to seek for questions. What kind of marketing is that if we are outside of the US. You can see all the problems listed here. We are still waiting for the answer from June. We are not asking for more but just to ask for the most reliable version so that we can enjoy it with the ANC.  

We are patience enough for all these while but we also don't expect the BS answers and entertain us whenever you answer us. Either you are just pushing us away or you have no clue what is wrong with our headset. I am sure there are those who are out of the warranty including me. Don't tell us to spend some money to get a new 700. So tell me what is the solution now? Go back to Bose and the answer is 'out of warranty and get a new headset'? or any alternative? 

Effenberg0x0
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

It would be nice if people that received a visit from bose would say something here, just so we can all be sure that these visits are actually happening.

shaikh.hidayat
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Hi,

This thread has cross 67000 views. Common Bose,  respond with a new firmware fixing the ANC issue rather than periodic consolidating updates to the affected consumers.

Strongly recommend NOT to buy these headphones till the issue get fixed.

shaikh.hidayat
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

Issue also persist in QC35 I Firmware Update - June 12th, 2019 version 3.0.3

dashskullsasq
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 3, 2018

still wating for an answer and a solution. Fortunately, I managed to downgrade mines so it is just to know the state of this problem

Community Manager

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@glozanomoran,

Thanks for your post about editing a post. I have tested this, and troubleshot (word?) this with another member of the community. This seems to be an issue with a plug-in that you may have installed in the browser. If you are using FireFox, and use the Community forums in "Safe-Mode, you will see 3 dots to the right of all posts. If it is a post which you have made, then you will be able to edit it.

I hope this helps out.

Michael_P

Drew2015
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

I got a call from Maggie. She from the investigation of the problem with the Bose QC 35ii. She asked many questions. She also said they couldn't duplicate the problem there at Bose. I offered to send her my pair to test. So hey could get a better understanding of what thousands of customers are upset about. Mine are only two months old. The store won't take them back. Maggie did not take me up on my offer.  I asked Maggie if there where opinions of getting this matter resolved soon. If those with the problem could do one of these solutions. 

1. Exchange them with a pair that work as they say they should.

2. Exchange the QC 35ii for the Bose 700 that are working. With the customers paying the difference of the cost.

3. Give the customers a full refund.

I reminded Maggie I just purchased mine.

She said their customer service would be contacting me soon.

I kept her number. Hope to hear from them soon.