glozanomoran
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I cannot imagine that they are unable to reproduce this and at the same time they refuse to accept your offer to return your headset for investigation. Like I have mentioned in an earlier post if you are using it in the exact same environment (same office, same building, same co-workers, ...) and you can suddenly hear your co-workers typing on their keyboard or talking at the coffee machine then you can clearly notice a difference after updating. It is as if on my pair there is no NC at all anymore and that sounds are demped only by the over-ear cushions. This is not just in my head, there is a big difference rendering these headsets for noise cancelling worthless. This is the last time I have bought a pair from BOSE.

Also you said that after two months of purchase the reseller does not accept a return but you propose us to try returning them (mine is more than 1 year old), or exchange them with the NC 700 (like we have extra money to spent :)). How can I exchange my pair for the 700 and pay the difference?

Drew2015
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

glozanomoran (Audible Advocate) 

If you can message me privately on Facebook  Drew Gonzo  I can send you Maggie's phone number.  I understand your frustration. I am going to bug the crap out of them until I get my money back or they exchange them for the Bose 700. I'll pay them the extra $40 to do it. 

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I've made a big tutorial how to downgrade firmware on reddit, if I post it here they will delete it, so if you need link - write me private message. And don't forget to leave your feedback after downgrading, because in my personal opinion there is no difference at all.

t.rommel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Some are talking about exchanging for the nc700 (and pay extra perhaps), but is the nc700 that much better than the qc35ii? ANC levels should be more or less equal right?

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Like @glozanomoran  is saying :
I too use them espcially at the office and have in my office several things that bothers me :
- Old Keyboard with loud mechanic noise

- Strongly audible AC ventilation issues

- 2 Loud colleagues

Before everything was fine, but then i switched to 4.5.2 and I could hear everything. So I downgraded, updated etc. (between 2.0.1 and 4.5.2) just to notice that nothing happens.

I, for my part, noticed, that the ANC does not work at all, but if you put ANC to 0 it will act like an amplifier and will make envrionmental noise louder.

As for BOSE that does not want to refund your 2 months old headset but is willing to let you upgrade, OK, that's business.
But to propose that to people who's pair aren't under warranty anymore, that just shows that there is something going on with their FW...

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Exact same thoughts. No matter what FW you install after 4.5.2 - there is no ANC when no music playing. When you listening to music or something else  - its almost perfect, cant hear anything in any conditions. So guys, at least, you should not bother about downgrade your FW, you should bother about new one.

kutomuto
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Can you tell us why the lady called Maggie didn't accept the customers Headphones so you can investigate much better ? I think these headphones/update will be another failure for Bose, like sleep buds I'm afraid, I feel like Bose is on the same path as Nokia going down , but surprisingly  on LinkedIn Bose keeps advertising about their awards how great Brand they are, may be it is time to take this to another platform and make comment under every Bose's Post so people can see what is going on . I guess people gave you these awards without checking this community, or may be they didn't update their headphones yet.

Lorenzen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hello all,

I am planning to buy QC-35 ii. I found a great deal, but this anc problem annoys me. What if i buy this headphone and not update it? I won't even install Bose's app to my phone if not necessary. If necessary to install it how can i avoid to upload latest version? I read cases regarding auto-update.

Thanks in advance.

glozanomoran
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

It would be great if someone could compare the QC35 II without the firmware upgade (and no downgrade) with a set that was updated. If someone could compare these in the exact same environment then we would know for sure if it is all between our heads or not. I have a co-worker that recently purchases the QC35 II but these were already updated to 4.5.2 and as expected I don't hear a difference.

Rooster
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Did the recent update from bose make noise cancelling worse? In this video I test that to find out. My social media: https://twitter.com/dms3tv https://Instagram.com/dms3tv Snapchat @dms3tv IF you want to support the channel checkout the patreon! https://www.patreon.com/DMS3TV Forums: ...