ericbayarea
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Put me in the camp of firmware update has affected my ANC .

QC 35 ii manufactured Nov 6, 2018 and updated firmware recently to 4.5.2.

As I sit in coffee shops and hear a lot more background noise, talking, etc. I have to turn volume up to almost max to drown out noise. Very disappointed. Will stay subscribed here to hear the latest.

Abrar
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I have been testing out the Bose 700, and you want to steer clear. Even with all the issues the QC35 is the better headset. I am in Chicago and used the Bose 700 to kill the noise of the train, and they keep disconnecting bluetooth. The Audio stops, the iphone thinks its still connected, when i try to start audio it says its playing but I hear nothing. I updated and still issue. It cuts out atleast 5 times in 30 mins. Its terrible.

olafmol
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Just for expectation management, it might be good to verify that the ANC demonstrated in this video seems to be what people can realistically expect, you'll notice some noise (especially temporarily, voices and higher frequency noise) is still leaking through, which is normal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8qMYKNutb4&t=352s

CHECK PRICES or BUY HERE US & International - http://geni.us/vSzW6fA BHPhoto - https://bhpho.to/2z6ylUc Full Transparency for my audience: Links above are my affiliate links to Amazon Associates or other related programs. I may earn a commission if you purchase through my links ...
lennsen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Hi guys, I recently bought a pair of QC II's, manufactured june 2019, with FW 4.3.6. Knowing the issues with at least 4.5.2, I blocked the internet access of the bose connect app right from the beginning. The ANC ist working, blocking low frequency noises very well. I also notice a difference between high and low ANC setting. Nevertheless I'm very curious if the headphones would perform better with the older FW. Since Sonys XM3's seem to have similar problems with the last update, there is no real alternative at this time. I'll watch this thread an reddit to see, if BOSE will solve the problems or continues to fool their customers.

leprikonez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I want to buy new Bose QC 35 ii headphones. I don't want to install the latest update. I use an iPhone and can’t prevent the bose connect app from connecting to wi-fi. How to be? Don't install bose connect app? Can I use headphones without an app?

Drew2015
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Yes, you can use Bose QC 35 ii wireless headphones without the app.

You can also download the app first. Then put your iPhone on airplane mode. Make sure you are not connected to wifi. So turn that off as well. After connect your QC 35 ii to your app. Make the adjustments you want. Once done. Delete the app from your iPhone. Take it off airplane mode, and turn on your wifi if you want too. Everything should be okay.

But I honestly think you should go with the Bose 700. ANC is working great on those.

But if you choice the QC 35 ii. I suggest you buy the 35 QC from Conn's. They do have the older version on the firmware you want. Make sure you get the warranty with the headphones. Conn"s doesn't sell these 35 QC ii easily.  So they have the older version of them.

I hope I was some help.

leprikonez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Are headphones with the new firmware from the box working just as bad?

Drew2015
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Yes, the headphones that are in major stores. Are with the new firmware. 

Just go to Conn"s and see what they got. I don't remember,  but I think the manufacture date is on the box.

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

I was trying different FW versions, and i think 2.2.1 did the trick for me - very noticable cabin pressure, and difference in low\high ANC. I dont think that this was important but i used Edge browser for Updater page (befor i was using opera).

HendrikV
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re:

Arrrghh this is just torturous...

The message keeps coming.

I just can't imagine this problem can't be:

1. recreated within the walls of the Bose engineering office.

2. ackknowledged (although some members of this community explain that is because of insurance reasons)

3. solved!

Well, I am keeping the faith to be honest.

I trust Bose will live up to its own created brand image.

The next update will be one with full access the ANC settings,

including various degrees and cabin pressure levels..

Looking forward,