Semicoln
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Wow did they take @Drew2015 rage post down?

I keep my QC35ii not updated and without use of the app, and I do consider that to be a loss because the headphones were advertised with features in the app. It definitely has caused me to reconsider other Bose purchases (more headphones, speakers) and look at alternatives.

v1tru
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Italian reseller couldn't tell me why suddenly my QC35 II's NC works so bad.

I had to shovel internet and find this.

I'm angry because:
1) this still isn't fixed

2) No communication to official resellers

3) This should not happen on a product of this class in the first place

No way i'll buy 700 model over Sony.

Act quickly or you will lose lots of customers.

pablonavarroB
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Same here. 

I've had my QC35II for a while now, and I updated naively the firmware, and now I can literally hear everything. NO difference between high/low. 

So sad that a company this big behaves in such a way. I also won't be buying again ANYTHING from you. 

kNagamoto
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

just to add my experience as well:

bought the 35s, used them for a day, the app pushes me to update -> NC only at 30% of the original power, returned them

looking at the widespread extend of this problem it is unexplainable how bose can screw this up so much. It's been month since 4.5.2 has been released and there is still not a solution or firmware update for this.

As i see it there are 3 possibilities for this:

1. bose wants to do something but they can not find a fix

this is the official story. It is hard to believe that they can not unroll any changes that they made to their own firmware. If the 4.5.2 didn't broke the headphones it should be trivial to push an update or at least to unroll the changes they made in 4.5.2. They had months for this and it is unacceptable for such a expensive product which main selling point is convenience and reliability. 

2. bose cant to do anything 

It could be that 4.5.2 damages the headphones permanently.

if that is the case bose would be playing a waiting game. They won't admit this since it would be too expensive to recall all products. Better to keep it low and offer individuals who raise their voice a replacement or upgrade them to the 700s.

3. bose doesn't want to do something

to sell more 700s I guess, well this would be evil and stupid. It is a possibility but I doesn't make much sense in my opinion. The change is too obvious and abrupt. Better to slowly fade the effectiveness of the ANC.(like apple did with their battery/clockspeed-scandal)

I don't know -- all three possibilities don't look too good for bose...

robinwo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

So mailing back & forth now with support for more than 2 months.

They exchanged for a fresh pair of QC35II’s, which were again affected by this same issue after installing the firmware update.

Now they want to exchange AGAIN for QC35II’s, keep mailing back & forth. Fine to exchange again, but only if you can guarantee the exchanged pair won’t be affected, what they can’t.

This is becoming so freaking annoying. Bose trying to keep it all together, but for how long?

raytsh
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I’ve just registered to share my QC35 firmware story.

I had the QC35 I for a few years already, I bought them used from eBay. I really like the headphones, especially for their ANC performance and comfort. A few weeks ago I purchased a pair of QC35 II ( I wanted to have on pair at home and one at work all the time) and noticed that there was a software update available. I then updated both the I and the II.

After that, I noticed that the ANC was noticeably worse than before. There was close to no audible difference between medium and high ANC and the high ANC was worse in general. When I was on foot in the city I had to turn up the volume on my phone to max to understand anything of the podcasts I was listening to. Before the update, my QC35 I nearly blocked out all traffic and general city noise.

I then found this thread here and got in touch with Bose support (Germany). They offered replace both my I and II with brand new II. What is nice since I don’t even own a receipt for the I since I bought them used.

I decided to only send in the QC35 I for now, so I still have a pair of ANC headphones to use at work. I also expected the brand new QC35 II to ship with current firmware already. I also wanted to have my recently purchased pair of II to have as a comparison.

Just a few days ago the brand new II arrived and they had 4.4.x (manufacturing date Sept. 4th 2019) on it and the ANC was just as bad as with 4.5.2.

I then returned my purchased QC35 II; I was still in the 30 day return window. I will sell the new QC35 II I’ve got as a replacement from Bose on eBay soon. I will purchase 1000XM3, I’ve tested them recently and the ANC is now way better than what Bose currently has to offer with the QC35 //II.

Though, I have to give Bose credit for great support and replacing my old, worn down QC35 I with new ones. If it would not for the ANC downgrade, this would be a really nice deal for me.

JamesKirk
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

I noticed the problem with my QC II too.

Therefore, here in Russia, I have sent an e-mail, asking them to replace headphones.

But I am sure they are not going to provide any help because it is Russia, no one cares about customers here 🙂

I'll keep you informed.

conscious
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Same here. After the update I don't need to take my headphones off anymore when people want to talk to me even on high level NC. Also the vacuumcleaner can be heard too good wanting me to leave the room 😞 Strangly enough, the sound from the TV is filtered out quite reasonable.

Ter72
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Wauw!! 1718 messages on the issue only here... I am so dissapointed, this was goiing to be my headphone of choise... now reading al this I am in shock!

Guess no Bose afterall..  Unbelievable that NFC is not what it used to be, even Rtings say that it used to be better.  This is like getting a car with features or a big engine because of the features or big engine, only for them to be switched off and broken after a while, completly missing the reason for buying in them in the first place..

No Bose is apparantly the answer

vinayak.india
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Bos is still trying to sell these headphones with 70 USD discount i have posted this community link on their twitter account. Pl check out 

https://twitter.com/Vinayak1971/status/1193574362068054016?s=09