ThunderBear
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Until now Bose has not given any official answers or solutions about this update, it's quite upset, and make me more suspect about the possibility that Bose release this update just for selling their now products... make old products work worst and, you know😑.

I heard some news said that new firmware of SONY 1000XM3 also worsen its noise canceling, but not confirmed.

Maybe all those company just do the same thing for their profit🙄

Trecrunur
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Bose vs users

XjBQQZV.gif

raytsh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Why is this part of this thread? 🤔

poziomek
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I also registered here only to tell you that I’m also victim of Bose and it’s firmware 😞

I bought brand new headphones 10 months ago, I was working at open space in my office. Android Bose app showed me that there is firmware update, so without internet research I hit ok. Such a mistake! And after 2 minutes I heard massive difference in ANC. For worse! Peoples talk was louder, more external noises were coming to my ears. I tried to switch ANC with button but it didn't help as it was already on its highest setting. I’m 100% sure that ANC is much worse now, there were constant sound conditions, same song, same ambient sounds, nothing changed during this 2 minute firmware upgrade. Now my headphones that where not so cheap for me to buy and I have always dreamed about, are garbage thanks to Bose who apparently haven’t done much to fix it 😞 I’m so frustrated.

I still have warranty, does replacing helps or new one’s are the same?

MarcosBR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

It will depend on your luck. As it is related to a firmware problem, if Bose sends you a headphone with the old firmware you might be ok, but anyway I suggest you giving them back and buying the Sony's headphone. That is not a company that deserve our money. In the beginning Bose was really enfatic saying that this was not a firmware related problem, and even that it was not their problem, suddenly as the amount of people affected by this problem got bigger they changed their minds. They are "investigating" this problem for almost 6 months, and all they said was "we found something interesting" and nothing else. I don't think they will come up with a solution.

nikkorman
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Sony is going to be worse in terms of service. Talking about a company that introduces new products every month! Sony products were good in the 80's! 

mfkarj
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Bose is the worst enterprise in the world. It intentionally causes problems to users and does not intend to solve these problems

Dr.Sadik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I agree 

Dr.Sadik
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

So the reset with the new frameware made anc like original?

DubYeah!
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

Has anyone contacted CBC in Canada, their marketplace or whatnot reports are perfect for this type of widespread condition with no resolution as of yet. BOSE will quickly find a solution once CBC begins poking around.