DonB5750
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I may have missed something here and if posting to wrong thread, I truly apologize, but couldn't see how to create new topic.  

I'm simply asking why a rather expensive item such as Bose QC35 ll  has to spell out a word like "Laptop' much like a child's $10 toy instead of being able to pronouce the word "laptop" it says L-A-P-T-O-P  ?  How can Amazon's Alexa do this on a $29 Echo Dot and Bose can't do it with a $400 item? 

Daddyburns
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 29, 2019

Alexa is not on you headphones! It’s on your phone or whatever device your bluetoothing to!! 

BeatsbyGreg
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

And when you put high ANC it doesn’t sound like high at all — sounds more like play or hey lmao

andym6849
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I am experiencing the same degraded quality even today after upgrading to new firmware. The ambient noise has increased. And there is no remedy at the moment as I am unable to replay the same firmware upgrade as I am already on the latest firmware. Extremely disappointed. 

andym6849
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

I am unable to re-upgrade with the sequence of keys you mentioned. Just today my QC35 II got the latest upgrade and I am experiencing the degraded ambient quality and overall sound quality now. 

paulvr02
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

The latest update 4.5.2 is not working well and made ANC useless because I can hear everything around me and it is very annoying when it is set to high. Please fix the ANC as soon as possible.

mtamails@rediffmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

I bought a new pair during the black friday sale. Updated the firmware and even a sneeze was audible. Had to return my pair back to Best Buy. Is there an official video where the ANC effect is demonstrated so that we can know what is the perceived effect of ANC?

My wife who had the wired QC 25 said that her unit was so much better than the new ones.....

georgedomse
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Not official, but check the youtube channel JimsReviewRoom. He has professional reviews with binaural audio, many where the QC35's are featured. ANC is also often demonstrated.

Mr_Engineer02
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

I saw in the Bose app that there's a firmware update to 4.5.2, so I Googled for release notes and found this thread.

I'm horrified to find that the firmware update breaks ANC for a lot of people.  192 pages of complaints!  Just wow Bose.

FWIW, I was looking for an update because my headphones sometimes get into a strange stutter/skip when connected to my computer.  I can fix it by powering off headphones and computer and then back on.  I can tell the difference between Low and High ANC.  Low cancels about 30% of background noise and high cancels about 80%.  I'm generally happy with the ANC I currently have.  I'm running firmware 2.5.3.  I think I'll stay with current firmware until this mess is resolved.

Rouvster
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

After being very implicated in this subject (until page 182) i dropped it down.

- Contacted Bose Support and got a replacement

- Put it on Marketplace, sold a few days after

- In search for something new

Never Bose again, unless there are some SERIOUS improvements of your way of f*cking arround with your customers, i mean your "vision of business".

I'm done with this sh*tty company