Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Bose, please make the software open-source if you can't deal with.. 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi, I agree with your Comment. At the moment thisBose attitude of ‘say a little; action little, show no progress or time -to-fix is a joke. We need an equivalent of Merlin’s Firmware for ASUS Routerswhich fixes bugs and makes tweaks built on-top of the core ASUS Firmware. I’m NEVER buying another Bose product after this shambles; going ‘on-line sales only’ makes it harder to return Products 😉

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

It would be awesome if they agree to let us do the job properly ❤️

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Spoiler
yes I agree, except that I don't expect to pay (near to) top $, to subsidize their softwarecdev when their marketing budget stretches to be a Mercedes F1 Sponsor! Bose have got their priorities upsidedown imo....their brand will lose value and buyers like me in the medium/long-term
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

3 (THREE!) YEARS into this "degraded ANC after firmware update" debacle, and still nothing from Bose. 

This is what happens to the former market-leader: https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-2020

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

I've updated to 4.5.2 too, now i've audio dropping and the sound quality is the same as some AM Radio from 1945. 300usd went to the garbage. Way to go BOSE...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

I will replace my headphones for a new one because I still have 2-year european warranty. the qc35ii's come with 4.3.x firmware so after that, I won't open the app the update to 4.5.2.  

Did you also use it with the 4.3.x before? or even a previous firmware? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Yes, this was the 2nd update sine i bought them in 2018. I'm such dissapointed with Bose. 

And then they make a post saying that can't even replicate the issue?! Are they kidding us? I was able to replicate the problem in 5mins. And i'm no such a Bose expert nor Bose low-level skilled programmer/engineer. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

do you have any idea how I could downgrade without switching my headphones? 

there was a way to do it a couple of months ago but bose realized people are doing that and deleted all the previous firmware from the website. so now I see no other option than replacing my headphones

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

@El_Tate @Aparently you posted the downgrade fix and they’ve deleted your post..