Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

i did not get the answer i wanted i want to know how to check what firmware i have on my qc35 without getting a update ???

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

You won’t get any update by opening the apps i mentioned.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

With the iOS app you have to actually accept the update, it will not install on your headphones automatically. From what I gather, the Android app with *not prompt* you at all and do it automatically. So based on your device, make the choice and peek at your firmware version. Also, if I recall correctly, the Bose updater for your computer (BTU?) would also prompt you, but someone can correct me.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

It’s shambolic and a brand PR disaster waiting to happen imo

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi, I really really feel sorry for you....nightmare situation from which it appears very difficult to recover to a ‘last-known-good-Firmware’. Maybe go into a local Bose store - whilst it’s still open - and see if the (probably very disenchanted) staff will go beyond to try and help? 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I agree about the iOS App; you have to initiate the Download and even during it you can close the App to stop the download. You also then have to manually start the Installation....so you have 2 ‘lives’ to stop any Update.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 27, 2019

it was somewhere in this a real how to do step by step but i cannot find it 
i think it was something with flightmode ?
but i am not sure and so afraid to do wrong
before i loved Bose but after this it is more love/hate...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

But ONLY if you know not to install the update. Like me for I.e., I had no clue of these issues as these are my first Bose purchase ever. 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I agree it’s purely a matter of luck whether any purchaser knows about this issue. As it’s (nearly) always best practice to update to the latest firmware when you buy a new device, I still can't get my mind around the fact that 4.5.2 wasn't pulled MONTHS and MONTHS ago. This is so irresponsible of the Vendor imo. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

so it's been over 6 months now?

So, just to recap

It's been over 6 months now that this problem has not been fixed in any way?

I'm just looking right now whether to buy qc35ii or to go for alternatives. This problem is killing the decision for me to be honest (because I'm afraid of what Bose will do next, next time they release a new product they will again reduce the quality of previous products (with the update method, as they have done now for qc35ii after 700 flopped) to boost up the sales of the new product. This is a serious problem.