Highlighted
scReam5691
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

We own to pairs of the QC35 ii and on the same day the ANC has gone from very effective to almost non existent. Since this issue is known for more than half a year there has to be a fix from Bose asap!

We own several products from this company and the outcome of this issue will decide wether we  are switching to competing brands.

Highlighted
CirenJules
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: so it's been over 6 months now?

Great Post; thank you for taking the time - and making the effort - to do this👍😊 appreciated 

Highlighted
audiofanatic666
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Your comment is "crap", not giving away any useful information. It's a pure rant, the last what we need here to convince Bose this is a serious issue.

Highlighted
mcgraneg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Paying as much money as Bose want for something that IS crap is serious don't you think? ...

Not that your user name suggests 

Read the rest of my post, I updated, I reset, and there's NO noise cancellation.

I even wrote my praise for the qc20i I own. So it's my post was balanced. Not a rant. Perhaps you could send me your email address so you can approve my posts before I submit them - or will you allow me to have my own opinion? ....not that your user name suggests any bias on your part!

Its clear to me, given the fact that this is now a long standing issue and that Bose are visiting  people in their homes, that Bose haven't got a clue what's wrong or how to fix it. I fell bad for Everyone with these headphones bit I for one will not be waiting around for a fix and will return my set and give my business to Sony.

Sorry.....was that polite enough for you? 

Highlighted
CirenJules
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Thanks for a useful Post, please ignore any criticism; I believe we're way past the point of needing to 'convince' Bose there is an issue - there is a big problem (can't be disputed), it's the 'fix' which is missing. What we don't have is any open communication from Bose on the plan. There are many people who are as frustrated as you - I'm sure what you've said is in many peoples' heads. Put politely, it's a disgrace and shockingly poor Customer Service.

Highlighted
Alwarez1985
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

The downgrade does not fix it. The anc will still stay the same. Tried different firmwares.Bose needs to make a new firmware to fix it.

Highlighted
timtyrrell
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I called because the power slider stopped working on my QC35 I's so with that and the garbage ANC they enticed me to swap them for QC35 II's for $104 + tax (I am 18 months out of warranty, btw). I figure it is a gamble and my last shot at the happiness I used to have before the bad firmware dropped. I will let everyone know how they work when I get them.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone!

Apologies for the recent lack of updates. At this point I don't have any additional news to provide other than we are continuing to work on this. We have received some headsets from customers and are in the process of analyzing them. I hope to have a more detailed update at a later time. 

As a reminder if you are unhappy with any of our products, for whatever reason, please contact us here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Kmcooley
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

So are you guys willing to upgrade us? I bought from Nordstroms and my return window has passed.

Highlighted
TimC.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Wayne, this doesn't seem very sincere. Give us a technical explanation as to why there isn't a path to a solution. I'm not even sure if I can believe that there were actual visits to people's homes or that you're really tinkering with the headsets that were submitted. It's been months since the problem was first reported. By now it should have been obvious that something was wrong in the FW update. And for that you should have at least made it possible for users to downgrade the firmware. 

But we're all just hanging here without a proper response. I get pissed everytime I see the Bose logo now.

My QC35ii is worthless and is just collecting dust. Worst investment ever.