Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

And now Mark Rober is advertising for Bose... The ad is at the end of the video, and Mark has got quite the following, so no doubt they will get sales through this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugRc5jx80yg

Scientific proof Pixar sits on a throne of lies. Thanks to Bose for their support and for the dopest headphones I've ever worn: https://bose.life/markrober A...
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

For what it is worth, one thing Ive been noticing people that says have the issue and that happed to me is, I always updated using Bose phone app, and when I went to the pc on Bose updater website, it said I was on the first firmware that came with it and that there was an update for my QC35. So maybe the app is breaking the firmware in some way?

One thing is for sure my QC35 is completely different and the ANC is for sure broke, I have another one that I didn't update side by side to compare, and my ear pads are fine...

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

I've got a QC35II as a replacement in April. AZ build March 2019.

After update to 4.5.2 I noticed worse ANC. I'm waiting now as you since several weeks for any action from Bose.

Yesterday I downgrade with tutorial from Thomas/Greece to 3.1.8 and ANC is working well.

After deleting and reinstall of Bose App on Win10 I could update to 4.5.2 but ANC worse again. 

I will stay on 3.1.8 Thanks to Thomas! 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I am experiencing the same issue as well... anything new from BOSE?

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Scorpion-X 

>anything new from BOSE?

We used to not hear from Bose for weeks or longer on issues.  I do not expect that we will hear from them daily 🙂 and we may not like what we hear from them.  But Amazingly, we heard from Bose three times last week.  Now unfortunately there is no simple way I can tell to search for a poster by name within a single post (hear that Bose??????  make searching a 103 screen post easier).

So try this to read the various posts that Bose has made: https://community.bose.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/30440
In this 103 screen post: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-ii-firmware-4-5-2/m-p/213820#M4091...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Bose says Don't dowgrade to a functional firmware or we may void your warranty lol. Unbelievable SMH

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

Just to let you guys know,

I have done the downgraded to 3.1.8 from 4.5.2 for my headset and a couple of friends' units. 

For me and for them the difference is night and day. Silly all the nonsense by Bose about not downgrading. It's only costing them I. Returned headset and loss of future business. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

After installing software 4.5.2 via the bose updater on the
Mac, the problems with NC at the highest level are fixed again and there is again a clearly audible distinction between NC low and NC high! 👍

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

I tried Bose web updater to update to 4.5.2 on PC and then again on a Mac. It made no difference. ANC is still not nearly as good on high setting as it was before the update. Yes, there is a difference between high and low, but high setting doesn't do the job nearly as well as it used to. Since I got an error when originally updating on IOS app, there is clearly an issue or perhaps there are two separate issues. One is update fails during IOS app update. Two, Bose implemented some sort of change in noise canceling code. What I can't figure out why are they silent about it given the number of people having issues. Bose has to be working on another update.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Same problem. Used Connect app on phone and had firmware updated automatically, immediately noticed a problem with ANC. Have tried many combinations of the web based update, web based advanced mode update, resets, etc. and the problem persists.  If they are going to force firmware updates when using the app they need to make sure the firmware and update process actually works.  My first pair of Bose....and my last unless they quickly figure out how to support their products.