Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

> Do you seriously believe this.

@rockran 

This came up some months ago in this community forum and I may not have remembered it correctly but as I recollect the admins said they could not unmark it as solved.  Now since then Bose has overhauled the interface and functionality of this forum/community, so perhaps there is now a way to unmark it.  We have surfaced it here and need to wait for a response from the Bose admins.

We all know it is not solved and Bose knows it is not solved as they have very recently posted the top pinned post asking for users to participate in home visits.

I am a QC35ii user as well and want to have the ANC situation addressed just as others here.  However, I have no reason to believe that Bose is leaving this post marked as solved for nefarious reasons.  Until they say otherwise, I am personally going to assume there is no way to unmark it and/or the new redesign of this forum allows for a marking change but either the admins don't know that or have not gotten around to unmarking it. 

p.s. - I see in the 16 months I have lurked in the community, I have finally hit 1,000 posts....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

It makes complete sense that they cant unmark it as solved.... Since obviously the great minds there also cant just revert the headphones back to a prior firmware...

EDIT

But they sure can fix their updater to not allow the Reddit fix..

Slimy is the word that comes to mind.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Two things occurred to me just now.

1) According to recent posts, forum admins and mods apparently said recently that it is technically impossible to mark threads unsolved after checking them as solved. Knowing that, would anyone really still consider setting this thread solved a good idea? I know the goal was supposedly to stick the "solution" post to the top and increase its visibility. But still, knowing that this action would not be reversible, why would anyone do it? There's some poor judgment right there, no?

2) In case people here have no experience with developing or maintaining web applications, forum systems like this one and their supporting databases, etc. The idea that something is not undoable is ridiculous. Give me or anyone with a month's experience in IT 5 minutes and it's fixed. All it takes to reverse any database change is a standard SQL command with less than 10 words. And if they really didn't have the capability of making a simple database change to this forum, they certainly would be light years away from fixing QC35II firmware, which is a much more complex problem. It doesn't make sense: They can definitely set whatever they want to whatever value they want to on this board, like any other software in existence.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

What was the point of fixing the updater to no longer allow the reddit fix.  That in my mind proves the nefarious nature of what they intend to accomplish with their firmware.

This needs to be brought to a larger audience, this is a very Apple like turn of events that absolutely repulses me.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Having the same problem with a pair from Bangkok. This is unacceptable. Had to make an account just to share this. We NEED to take legal action.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

@joelirwin 

Sorry but I think it’s a bit naive to think this is not done on purpose.

This is done so that a topic that is months old and has 1k+ messages in here is closed and doesn’t look bad in their stats or if someone was to look into the forum.

Any person would know how worthless it make consumers feel if their issues were so blatantly brushed aside. Ok i’m not getting into a slogging match with you, so please ignore my sentiments if it is offending you and I should not have picked on you.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

It's just a test to see how many people react..

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

So can you tell us what is the problem if you think that you find the solution, you should find the problem first to solve it ?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Registered yesterday special to discuss this issue. I am interesting, if Bose plan to release newer version of fw, or qc35 support is stopped?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

After the new update of the Bose Updater i tried the advanced method from github. But i'm unable to find the relevant strings in the updater.exe

Seems Bose does more than a simple update of their software. Sadley they set wrong priotity 😒