Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom.egebakken@lyse.net
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I've had the same issue with ANC for a long time, updated firmware many times without solving the issue. Little or no difference between low and high anc, a lot of white noise and lack of cabin pressure feeling. Tried the first downgrade solution on reddit with no better result. Then got the downgrade that made all previous versions available. Downgraded to version 2.x.x (cant remember exactly the version).

Did the "reset" function and then upgraded to 4.5.2. The first thing I noticed was that the beep sound when turning on the headset was different and the voice that told how much battery was left was gone. The button on the headset did no longer toggle the anc from off to high any more. Installed the app on iphone and set the function and then deleted app. Now the headset has both the cabin pressure feeling and full anc level, as they had as new. Also the difference between low, medium and high are as they should be. AE version of the headset.

glozanomoran
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

So summarized all you did was basically the following, correct?

1. Downgraded to 2.x.x
  2. Reset the headset
  3. Upgraded to 4.5.2
  4. Set the function in the app to toggle ANC
Rouvster
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@glozanomoran here you go :

AE model worked fine before update (don't know which version it was).
Then updated to 4.5.2, ANC is gone. Downgrade, Update, Reset, Repeat, ANC was just gone.
Purchased second pair (AZ model) that came on 4.1.3.
Did not update or anything else.
Same inexisting ANC than on the AE series after update.
The second pair went straight back to the store, reason "Your update 4.5.2 s*cks, ANC does not work".

I don't think thow the FW is the update. Since there is no Boot menu, if you flash you erase the existing FW and replace. There is no functional copy made (that's why your QC will brick if you update them via wire and disconnect during the process).
UNLESS the new FW breaks a component, but I doubt that...

Rouvster
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

@glozanomoran 

Don't go for 2.0.1, several users bricked theirs trying this (there is another post out there)

Don't go below 2.2.1 (i believe)

tom.egebakken@lyse.net
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

Yes, I think that was about it. The only difference between this downgrade and all the previous attempts was that it was an even earlier version (2.x.x) instead of 3.x.x e

And this was the first time the headset had the functions "reset" as the type of beep and the stupid woman telling how much battery was left, and also the button function was cleared out. After this upgraded to the latest firmware and all good. Sorry for the bad english 🙂

tom.egebakken@lyse.net
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2019

If I remember correct it was 2.2.1. Downgraded and then upgraded via cable to a pc. Not the update via the app on iphone

glozanomoran
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Can someone please sent me a PM with the step-by-step instructions on how to downgrade the firmware? I will try it and then compare with a co-worker that is sitting beside me with the same headset.

Lorenzen
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Guys any ideas?

Hello all,

I am planning to buy QC-35 ii. I found a great deal, but this anc problem annoys me. What if i buy this headphone and not update it? I won't even install Bose's app to my phone if not necessary. If necessary to install it how can i avoid to upload latest version? I read cases regarding auto-update.

Thanks in advance.

glozanomoran
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

I am still trying to wrap my head around how first downgrading to 2.2.1 and then back to 4.5.2 would resolve these issues? The only thing I can think of is that Bose found a way to degrade the ANC in such a way that users will barely notice the ANC degradation as they each time install a new FW. Bose then releases a new headset that has the same ANC quality as a previous model initially had and the process starts over again. Every x weeks a new FW is releases for the 700, slowly degrading the ANC until the point that there is noticably difference with the next headset.

Drew2015
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Don't buy any Bose QC 35 ii that were manufactured within the last year. The only version that I know that work were 3.5.2. If you get some. Don't up date. Don't even install the Bose app.

To be honest don't even buy Bose tell they fix the problem. You regret that you spent all that money for a b.s. product.