ChrGel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

As I said in a previous post I was in the process of buying ANC head phones.

Bose's, in my opinion, lack of interest in the comments in this thread made me pick a competitor.

If I hadn't learned about the ANC/firmware issue and how Bose handle customer comments, I would have most likely bought the 35IIs.

kristof46
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I am also in contact with Bose service in Poland. I have QC35 3 years of age and they decided to replace. That's nice but still not great. Unfortunately when I've read your post I don't believe that I will receive any older headphone. Where did you get your package? From warehouse in Belgium? 

raytsh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

I sent my old QC35I to Belgium and I believe my new QC35II also came from there.

AlexisDeLancey
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

I bought these headphones yesterday and I'm returning them. I had the QC15 for years and loved them, but this firmware nonsense (without even the option to downgrade!) is not worth the price tag. I shouldn't have to turn up music to not hear white noise in the background whenever I'm using audio input software.

Later, Bose. You aren't the only people that make headphones.

Koolops
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

I need a fix... I recently took a flight to CA. I thought I'd enjoy my headset but the ANC is much less effective after the update.. SAD.. Don't buy until its fixed. 

kristof46
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Unfortunately we will receive headphone from 2019. Our friend from Germany said that he had 4.4.x firmware. As far as I remember there is not 4.4 jus 4.3 and then 4.5 which broke ANC so probably we will have broken ANC from the box. I am wondering if I want them. Maybe I will sell them as fast as possible. 

raytsh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Ah, I was mistaken. The FW is actually 4.3.6 (manufacturing date Sept. 5th 2019) and I can confirm that the ANC is indeed as broken as it is with 4.5.2; There is no notable difference between high and low ANC mode and ANC in general does not block out city noise for instance, as it did with the QC35I before the most recent update.

timo0103
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Today the customer service in The Netherlands was very kind and helpfull.

My second pair of qc35II again with almost no ANC.

Now they send me the 700 series for 50 euro extra.

Anc of the 700 is seriously better than the 35II with 4.5.2 update.

I keep you informed and i think this is the best solution for the moment.

I dont expect any update or sollution for the 35II so i accepted the offer from Bose.

rockran
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

More and more folk are being offered the 700 for extra $. It should be offered free. Anyway for those still waiting and cannot get the 700 replacement, I doubt you will get a fix. This product is probably legacy now with limited support.

Kjwan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I just updated to the current firmware (before noticing this thread) and everything seems OK. No problem with ANC set to high and it is noticeably better than when it is set to low.