Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

I don't  know why but i feel like here is an action against this headphones or Bose ! Really ! I have no issue at all ! 

I tried Sony as well before to buy Bose, i found it better from point of view convenience and sound. I do recommend to buy it ! I have no issue with ANC at all.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Okay, and how are you helping by saying that? 

Let us know the model number, how long you had them, how you updated (app or pc/Mac) and how long you were using them before upgrading?

How did you go back to 3.1.8 when Bose disallows downgrading? Not clear based on your one previous response in this thread. 

With lack of information from Bose, we can only rely on third party testing, and even though they revised their original test which showed a -4dB decrease, rtings are still saying there's a significant change for the worse in the ANC after the firmware upgrade to 4.5.2

Scroll down in the comments for a graph comparison.:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/discussions/ideDavoD25M2_l4r/bose-qc35-ii-secret-upgrade

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Sadly I don't recommend getting Bose. The only good thing about Bose as it stands at the moment is warranty service. ANC stopped working completely on my first pair, replacement was affected from the very beginning. Paid extra £50 to get nc700 and sold them 2 days later - found them to tight. Now with Sony and I don't regret it one bit. ANC works just as good as it was on my first qc35 II pair before firmware issues.

I liked the sound of qc35 II, didn't like nc700 and now am very impressed with Sony. Even app is so much better, so many more options with eq being one of them. Only downside of Sony is microphone which is not a major issue for me as I rarely use it to talk. Several people reported, they can't hear me properly on Sony which never happened on Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

qte

How did you go back to 3.1.8 when Bose disallows downgrading? 

uqnte

Google bosefirmware/ced

There instructions hoe do it. And all information for version history releases.

I wrote that because i have no issue and i like the headphones and hoping for new version of FW which might be only with selling progress. Not returning without reason.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

No, I cannot hear any hissing sound.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

In the end there will be no choice for a bose to fix.  They lose customers.  I'm going to get the money back and buy sennheiser momentum 3.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

@Atalef  I don’t think so. The users here are only a tiny fraction of the customer base. The average Joe that goes to Best Buy or whatever or just browses Amazon does not know about this issue nor does he care. For 99.9% of the customers the performance is more than enough and they won’t look on the internet for potential issues.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

@raytshyou're right.  It's a shame that bose fell in quality.  I really respected this company. 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

Sadly you’re right. This is why they have not done anything about it and “knowing” about the issue they say they’re doing things to fix it but it’s just a generic message. RIP ANC. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@CLSwhen you enable high ANC in silent room you don’t hear any noises?