Mr.Beast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Today i've borrowed my friend's sony wh1000xm3 , it's really nice headphones ( The bass is really nice , the ANC is insane ! )

but my problem with ( Leather headphones ) is that when i wear them for like 15m my ears get dry and the leather dries at the same time and i get very bad feeling so i move them every 30s :"( this is the third headphones with the same problem ( I have tried Hyperx cloud ii , Bludeo F2 ) and they have the same problem !!!! i can't wear them for more than 15m without my ears get dry . My last hope is Bose qc35 i don't care about ANC problems i just want headphones that let my ears breath when i use them ! Do you know guys about a headphones that make my ears breath while i use them ? Sorry for my bad english.

Mr.Beast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Today i've borrowed my friend's sony wh1000xm3 , it wasn't comfortable at all ! my ears get dry after 15m of use ( the same issue happens with every headphones with leather ear pads ) I think i will get Bose qc35 ii if it's more comfortable . BTW did you have any issues with ANC updates ? Thanks.

Upz339
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

I have been reading this forum for weeks since I purchased my first bose product in Nov 2019. I have been using Sennheiser for many years (since 2008) and thought of trying out bose. Bought QC 35 ii which came with a default firmware installed. Some upgrade did take place using the iOS mobile app and showed the new version as 4.5.2 from the mobile app. I can not compare with any previous experience since this is my first bose headphone. However, after reading this forum wanted to check the current version using the site btu.bose.com. There was a discrepancy.  Uninstalled the mobile app. Did a force update using the website. And quite happy with the overall performance now with the latest firmware 4.5.2. There is clear difference between low and high ANC. I don’t know if this information will help. But, thought of sharing. The serial number ends with AZ. 

Bill brady
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Thankfully I’m still within my 30 day window. I’ll be returning my Bose headphones, and getting my money back. It’s baffling to me a company would break their own $280 pair of headphones. That’s a lot of money for me, and I’m furious. Last bose product I’ll ever own. 

raytsh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

@Upz339  So, what you are saying is, that installing the same update (4.5.2) via the webseite yields different results compared to installing the update via the app?

Upz339
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

@raytsh That’s correct. And just to compare I also went to a local Sony Center and tried out a demo of one xm3. I found the ANC of the qc 35 ii better after the web update to 4.5.2. But, this is my experience. And I am completely new to this ANC business. 

SilenceBlind
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

My Bose QC35 ii no longer seem to have and difference in the low and high function for ANC after I updated them. It's like high doesn't work at all anymore, or the function no longer exists. It's really disappointing, my boyfriend spent a lot of money on these headphones, to help with my auditory sensitivity after a head injury and now they block out next to nothing.  I tried everything I could find to fix it and nothing seems to work.

Is there any plan to correct this malfunction? 

Mr.Beast
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

Thanks forr your reply , i will buy qc 35 ii soon ( i don't care about any issues i just want comfort headphones !!!! )

BeatsbyGreg
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2019

I’m very happy with mine but I’m lucky to have known of the issue before buying mine so I’m at the stock version and ANC works correctly. Don’t install the Bose app. You don’t need it.  Enjoy them. 

breachie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Hi Bose, 

Can you please give another update on the progress of the ANC issue. pre 4.5.2 firmware the noise cancelling was outstanding, after the update which i did last week using android app. 

i used to NOT be able to hear the Wife, and have the bruises to prove it 🙂 .....  now i can hear the nagging... please fix or allow downgrade or add more options off, low, high and wife.

thanks

breachie