Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Arzo wrote:
Hi, how did you reset the headphones?
Best regards

The usual procedure:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.
Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Ok, i just tried that.
ANC is still terrible for me. Tried to reset/reboot the headphones twice but it is still bad.
High and low is not the same for you?
I can not hear any difference when i toggle. Im sitting outside right now and the sound from traffic is still coming in when i toggle from high/low.
Nooktropics
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

The results are the same for me after a restart too, ANC does almost nothing on High.

The High and Low settings are very similar for me but there is sightly better cancellation of lower frequency noise on the High setting.
Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii
Please fix the ANC problem as soon as possible...i have not had any problems with it in the past but after this latest update its not working properly..
High level is not working as good as before. Now its way to low and and to much sound is coming through.
Best regards

Hello all, 

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing this issue with your ANC. 

Could you please test your Noise-cancelling whilst your headphones are not connected to a device.

Also, please test in different environments, for example, outside in a noisy environment and in a quieter environment such as your home. 

We tested the update here and have not had the same issue, so it will be great to gather as much information as possible. 

I look forward to your responses.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

diantre95
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Bonjour

I have exactly the same problem than Arzo (I tried to reset it too with your procedure)

After updating in 4.5.2 (few minutes ago), I am very suprised that the High and Low settings are indeed very similar. The difference is very very small.
It's a pity because the High mode was very comfortable and efficient. And that's what made the product so attractive. Which is less the case now.

I hope that you will correct this problem quickly

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Charlotte, did the tests like you asked and its still the same situation- there is virtually zero difference between low and high noise cancelling whereas before, the 'high' preset would genuinely block out 95% of my background noise and now after the update- you're lucky if its even 40%.

This needs fixed ASAP- just a little suspicious that all of this happens really close to the release of the new 700's but it could all be a coincidence, will be keeping an eye on this post as I await the addressing & fixing of this issue.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are all having trouble with your ANC. I would recommend trying to push the manual update again to the headphones, you can do this by following the steps below:

Note: A computer, internet connection and a USB cable (included with product) are required

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Open a web browser and navigate to http://btu.bose.com
  3. Click "Download" to install the Bose Updater
  4. Click "I Agree" to accept the End-User license agreement
  5. A download box should open. Save to the file to your computer
  6. Once downloaded, open the file (BoseUpdaterInstaller_xxxxxx) to install the updater
  7. Once installed, the page should refresh.  If it doesn't refresh on it own, click the "Click here" link at the bottom of the page
  8. The Bose Updater should now be ready to connect your product
  9. If an update is available, click "Update Now" to download the latest software. The current version and the changes in that version are listed. Your current version is at the bottom of the page.
  10. The update will show a progress tracker while your product is being updated. Do Not disconnect or power off during the update
  11. Once your product has been successfully updated, disconnect your product from the computer

If the updater fails or gets stuck during the update process, check to see if any anti-virus software, firewall settings, or ad-blocking software is blocking or restricting the Bose Updater app.  

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

3b08c0235902080c300ae5b54eb2f549.png

Updater says im running 2.0.1 whereas the mobile app says 4.5.2- maybe this could be something to do with it?

EDIT- still the same @Zoe_C 

Hello Fulton1,

Thanks for getting back in touch, can you try opening the updater in another browser to see if it is still showing the incorrect firmware? Also, could you check what version of the Connect app you have please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C