Highlighted
MJKNIGHT
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Re: so it's been over 6 months now?

Honestly  I would look at other options.

I own Bose Soundsport Free and QC35II and chose them based on brand, quality and performance. In all aspects feel let down Soundsport free drop signal intermittently and have been replaced once already. My QC have lost a level of ANC but will live with until I can justify a switch to another brand.

Bose seem to have their head in the sand and letting down their customer base and cannot ride on their previous reputation forevermore.

I have also removed Bose App from my devices and  will remain on my existing firmware versions as cannot trust any updates will degrade further.

Highlighted
CirenJules
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

I agree totally; as the owner of 3 Bose devices inc. the QC35ii I feel very taken for granted Re: Customer Loyalty and issues like the one on this thread.

There’s a good Review of the best ANC headphones in What Hi-Fi which I read yesterday; the QC35ii is outside the top 10. I’ll post the link separately if that helps?

In my view, the above WHF Review combined with this issue plus all the Bose high street Stores closing world-wide means it’s a no-go.

Highlighted
CirenJules
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

.....following-on from my previous Post - QC35ii's rated 12th in wireless ANC Headphones. Maybevthat will help you decide? Here's the article:

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/best-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-2020

Highlighted
nikolailu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Thank you guys,

Appart from the drop in noice cancellation (I think the drop is 8db or something like that, from what I've seen on youtube tests), is the qc35ii pretty good in everything else (sound quality etc) or has sound quality also worsened and other things as well?

Or is it really only the noice cancellation?

And is the noise cancellation now indeed very bad, or just a bit worse than it used to be?

Highlighted
El_Tate
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Make sure that you’ve the firmware 4.1.3. That’s the best ANC you would find for the QC35 II

Highlighted
timtyrrell
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Per the question asking if the ANC the only "issue" that the firmware introduces, I asked in this thread and also in the QC35i thread if anyone noticed their voice not getting "piped" back into their ears during calls. That is the first thing I noticed many months ago and was curious if others notice this as well or if it is isolated my own headset or the QC35i's. To be clear, I was affected by the nerfing firmware (3.0.3) for the QC35i.

Side thought (not that it matters), but this makes me wonder if it was the microphones that were affected by the firmware because that seems to be the most important part of the ANC and also with my voice not getting piped back it from the external mic.

Taken from here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-ANC-Troubleshooting-and-Informational-Guide/td...

"Microphones in the earcups monitor sound at the user’s ear and externally. The monitored sound (music and noise) is compared to the sound the user wants to hear (the signal coming from the audio input—this could be music or silence). The difference between the monitored sound (from the earcup’s microphone) and the sound the user wants to hear (music or silence) is noise. The electronics in the QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones instantly process the noise signal, and a precisely equal and opposite signal (correction signal) is created. This opposite signal is then sent to the speaker in the earcup along with the sound the user wants to hear (again, this could be music or silence). The result is three signals being presented to the user’s ear: Noise from the environment, the sound the user wants to hear and the correction signal from the electronics. The noise and the correction signal nearly cancel each other, providing a clean, high-fidelity sound signal at the ear."

Highlighted
El_Tate
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Oh... i thought that was the normal behaviour of the headphones. Now that you mention, i don’t get my voice piped back during a call using the headphones (fw 4.1.3).

another great feature added by Bose and their excellent firmwares 🤣

Highlighted
nikolailu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Guys,

Do the Bose 700 also suffer from the update problem that the qc35ii suffers from (fall in noice cancellation), or is the 700 model fine with it?

Highlighted
nikolailu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Guys I think the noise reduction drop with the firmware update has been hugely over estimated. I just watched this video (below) of audio tests and its quite clear from the video that:

1) yes there is a drop in noise reduction

2) it is definintely not as extreme as everyone is making it out to be

I think people's psychology turns on and the feeling of betrayal by Bose takes over and that makes the drop in ANC sound way more than it actually is.

So i'm starting to reconsider Bose qc35ii right now (I understand that 700 are simply not worth it unless you want to pay extra for the design)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PizgfRlKz_s

Get Them Here: Sony 1000XM3: https://amzn.to/2SoO0ZF Bose NC 700: https://amzn.to/2O9GkMi Bose QC35 II: https://amzn.to/2Y2Xqzt Visit My Amazon Storefront Fo...
Highlighted
Upz339
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Fully agree.