Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Hi, thanks for your Post; thought it added some very useful comments to help give a balanced view of the world. All that I would add is that a) Bose's last update was Corporate crafted 'nice-speak' and didn't add any real value b) there are some fundamental, basic customer service Q's, asked on here, which still remain blanked by Bose. In the interim time, whilst some people are cool about having expensive, now ANC-less headphones in the desk draw for 12 months, many are not. Between us, there's the full range of options - with all due respect, at this stage in proceedings, it is a personal choice either way on any 'next step'. I felt some people weren't aware of the options via 'bosefirmware on GitHub' (link now moderator removed) 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

@joelirwin 

I'm not trying to argue either and I didn't point anything at you. I think we are on a different page and your opinion is just different like mine and I accept that.

• I don't know anything about Bose's corporate policy but my problem with them was just that firmware(4.5.2) still being up for people which has been established so far by various sources that it's problematic. It has nothing to do with downgrading. They can just pull it which would lead to 4.3.6 being the latest and they are also shipping new QC35's with this firmware so I would safely guess that it's alright to be on that firmware.
  • Your guess about them working on the issue is as good as mine. Yes, they say they are working on it but actions speak louder than words. With such a huge corporation this amount of delay is just starting to look fishy at this point. I don't blame anyone here including the moderators; they are doing their job and I understand they are also bound by the freedom of sharing the amount of information.
  • We're speculating again, but I kinda agree with you. They have exceptional support for faulty products but I hope they support people with this issue even out of warranty. I'm hopeful but my expectations aren't that high judging by their actions not by words. 

And again, I have no intention to argue or even suggest that in any way. I respect your opinion.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

After updated to 4.5.2, people said cabin pressure was reduced.  Can you tell by how much is it reduced if any? Thanks

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 3, 2018

By more than 50%. I was one of those who updated to 4.5.2 and then reverted to 3.xx and worth it!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Just exchanged my headset for another of the same model after I kept losing connection on multiple devices, multiple platforms and software. As my new device was going through its firmware update I started reading this forum. Shocked, I have now promptly uninstalled the Bose app off my phone and will wait to see what the Software Engineers do to sort this problem out. For now, will remain on older firmware. Fed up of software delivery that results in situations like this - I see it far too often. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Just got mine.. production date Decemer 19 2019   but still with 4.3.6 Firmware  🙂

immediately deleted the app from my mobile

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

@bobrooney1970 Where did you order yours from? I'm thinking of getting from Amazon and if you got yours there, that's great. I'd be hoping for a recent build also.

In terms of 4.3.6 as well guys, is it a given that all the new devices come with that and not the newer problematic software?

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I got my QC35 I's swapped for some QC35 II's through Bose Customer Service for around $100+ last week. The QC 35 I's had a power slider issue and wouldn't turn off and also my ANC got destroyed by the 3.0.3 update.

The QC35 II's that I received had 4.3.6 installed (AZ serial number, Nov 1, 2019 manufacturing date). The ANC was not very impressive, sadly. I downgraded to a few different firmware versions: 4.1.3, 3.1.8, and 2.1.3 believe I am staying there (I never did install 4.5.2). Getting below the 4.x version gave a noticeable increase in suction or whatever we are calling it and I even had my very skeptical son verify I wasn't nuts. It seems like this AR sound update junk is really harming the ANC, even when rolling back, but I feel like I found a "middle ground" that I can probably live with for now because these things are just so darn comfortable. I am eagerly awaiting the Sony XM4's that will probably drop this year. I have never bought another brand of headphones but I need serious ANC so might consider them. I have lost trust in Bose based on the lack of resolutions. 😞

Also for reference, you can switch to Airplane mode with bluetooth enabled to use the Bose App without worries.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Three questions:

1. How did you downgrade to previous versions of the firmware?

2. What firmware did you find most useful in the end?

3. How do you know what firmware you are currently on?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

1. You will have to find out yourself, don't want this post deleted...

2. I found the 2.1.3 and 3.1.8 fairly similar, both sounded noticeably better than 4.x (but still all seemed worse than my QC 35 I before 3.0.3 when the entire world was blocked out)

3. Airplane mode with bluetooth enabled using the Bose iOS app, I believe it is under "Product Information" or something similar.